Following our recent updates to the EKM platform you are now able to obtain an SSL certificate that will apply across your whole website to show as a secure site.
To be able to obtain your free SSL then you will need to be on our new tier packages. You can find more information about these here: www.ekm.com/ecommerce/cost. If you are not on a tier currently then you can contact our support team on 0333 004 0333 and we will look at changing this for you.
Once you have done this then to enable the SSL on your site there are a few steps you will need to follow.
1. When logged into your shop click on Settings in the top right.
2. From here click on Domain Name on the left hand side.
3. Next to your primary domain name you need to click on a button that says Buy SSL.
4. This will take you to your ekmDomains account.
5. Click the Buy SSL Certificate button.
6. You will then need to click Buy next to the free RapidSSL SSL certificate.
7. You will need to choose one of 5 email addresses specified by the SSL provider to send the verification email. These 5 addresses are email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. As your domain name is with EKM then you do not need to worry about setting this up as we will automatically forward this to your contact email address if you do not have a mailbox set up.
8. You will need to confirm your name and address.
9. Click on the Checkout option on the next two pages.
Once this has been processed you will receive 2 emails about your purchase. One will be a receipt of the payment for £0.00 (image 1) and one with further instructions on the SSL certificate process. (image 2)
|Image 1||Image 2|
Following this you will then receive a further email from RapidSSL. This will contain a link on which you will need to click to verify the purchase of the SSL certificate (Similar to Image below).
Once you have clicked this link to verify the SSL certificate you will then receive a further email about the installation of the SSL certificate which you will not need to do anything with as this is done automatically (Similar to Image below).