Following our recent updates to the EKM platform, you are now able to obtain an SSL certificate that will apply across your whole website to show as a secure site.
To be able to obtain your free SSL you will need to be on one of the following packages: Legacy, Startup, Growing, Established or EKM Pro. You can find more information about these here: www.ekm.com/ecommerce/cost. If you are not on one of these tiers currently, then you can contact our support team on 0333 004 0333 and we will look at changing this for you.
Another thing you will need to do is check if you already have an ekmDomains account. If you do not currently have an ekmDomains account then you can sign up for an account by going to Settings on the shop then clicking Domain Name.
As the domain name is not with EKM then you will need to speak to your domain provider first to ensure you have a mailbox set up for either firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or you have a catchall email address set up to ensure you can receive the verification email. If you have any queries about this please contact either your domain name provider or our Customer Services Team who will be pleased to point you in the right direction.
Once you have done this then to enable the SSL on your site there are a few steps you will need to follow.
To get the SSL Certificate:
1. When logged into your shop click on Settings in the top right.
2. From here click on Domain Name on the left-hand side.
3. Next to your primary domain name you need to click on a button that says Buy SSL.
4. This will take you to your ekmDomains account.
5. Click the Buy SSL Certificate button.
6. You will then need to click Buy next to the free RapidSSL SSL certificate.
7. You will need to choose one of 5 email addresses specified by the SSL provider to send the verification email. These 5 addresses are email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
8. You will need to confirm your name and address.
9. Click on the Checkout option on the next two pages.
Once this has been processed you will receive 2 emails about your purchase. One will be a receipt of the payment for £0.00 (image 1) and one with further instructions on the SSL certificate process. (image 2)
|Image 1||Image 2|
Following this, you will then receive a further email from RapidSSL. This will contain a link on which you will need to click to verify the purchase of the SSL certificate (Similar to Image below).
Once you have clicked this link to verify the SSL certificate you will then receive a further email about the installation of the SSL certificate which you will not need to do anything with as this is done automatically once you revisit the Domain Name settings page via the Settings section of your shop. (Example of email in Image below).