When you buy a domain with ekmDomains the domain is already pointed for you. However, what are you to do if you bought the domain with another provider? Below we will summarise how to point your pre-existing domain to your online shop.
1. Start by going to Settings > Domain Name when signed into your EKM account. Here you will see a list of your current domains.
2. Click on the Use an Existing Domain Name button:
3. You will then be required to choose whether the domain name is currently in use or is not being used:
4. If you choose The domain name is currently in use you will be then required to choose whether you are going to use the domain for both your and new site just your new site.
5. If you are using the domain on your existing site as well, you will be taken to an area where you can set up a sub-domain. If you are just registering the domain to this account, you will need to enter your new domain into the specified box:
6. You will then see the domain listed under the Settings > Domain Name however it will show an inactive. Simply go to your current domain provider and ask them to change your A-Records to the IP Address specified in the description of step 5.
[remember]If you are pointing a both the 'non www.' and the 'www.' versions of your domain name (e.g. yourdomain.com and www.yourdomain.com) you need to add entries for both versions.[/more]