As an online shop owner, you are likely to come across an abandoned cart quite often. This is when a customer adds a product to their shopping cart but fails to complete their order. This could be due to a number of reasons all of which mean a lost sale for you. The abandoned cart saver sends customers emails notifying them that they have no completed their order.
How does it work?
After a cart has been abandoned for one hour, the customer will be sent an email that displays their cart contents and includes a link to get back to their cart. If they don't return, a second email will be sent the next day and a final third email the day after that.
How do I set it up?
1. To set up the feature log into your EKM account and go to Settings > Cart.
You will then see the following:
2. To turn the feature On or Off click the buttons to the right-hand side.
3. Once you have enabled the feature you can then choose the frequency of which emails are sent to customers.
The three options are:
-Send the customer an email after 1 hour
-Send the customer an email after 1 day
-Send the customer an email after 2 days
Once you have made your selection and updated, your shop will start to send out emails automatically to the customers that abandon your cart.
You can also customise the email template that is sent to your customer via the Outgoing Emails section also in settings.
Settings > Outgoing Emails
1. There are three templates that can be customised:
-Abandoned Cart Email after One Hour
-Abandoned Cart Email after One Day
-Abandoned Cart Email after Two Days
Please note that the following default template is set up for you automatically if you do not wish to customise your own.
2. However if you do wish to customise your own templates you can do so by clicking on to the Edit template button to the right.