1. You now have the ability to assign custom attributes to your products. First of all you must ensure that you have the Product Attributes feature installed, instructions for which can be found here. MPN's and GTIN's are now also found in this section.
2. Once installed, you need to edit the product which you wish to assign the custom attributes to and access the Attributes section on the left hand side of the screen.
Note, if you are using product variants, you will first need to access the Variants section on the left of the editing window.
3. Click on the Edit button next to the variant you want to apply the Custom Attribute to and then click on the Attributes section in the left hand menu that will be brought up.
4. You can add in an attribute Name, and the Value (for example Attribute Name of 'Age' and the Value would be 1-2 years) and click on Add. Then move onto the next attribute you wish to assign. Double clicking the name field will bring up some examples you can use.
5. Attributes can also be assigned using the Import/Export System. For example :-
Column headers prefixed with "Attribute:" follow by a product attribute key are used to define an attribute in both import and export. e.g.:-
Keys do not need to be predefined, any new attribute will automatically be added.
The export gives you three values delimited with a colon:- Attribute Value: Ordering Number:Public/Private (false = hidden)
On an Import you don't need to enter all three, it will work if you use just Attribute Value or Attribute Value and Ordering Number.
You can output the custom attributes you have assigned to a product by adding in the [ekm:productattributes][/ekm:productattributes] tag to your product page layout.
You can add attributes for the above tag in order to change the way the data is output on your Product Page layout.
The attributes for the tag are as follows :-
|Key or keys to be output by the tag. default is blank which will output all keys for the product. Multiple keys can be set with a comma delimiter.||Id of product you wish to show attributes for. Default is id of the product when on product page.||html to be output before the tag if product attributes are enabled and exists for the product.||html to be output for each product attribute. Default is "
[name] : [value]".
|html to be output after the tag if product attributes are enabled and exists for the product.|