Once you have been emailed your ekmMail account details you can set it up with Outlook by following the instructions below...
1. Load up Outlook and to go Tools > Email Accounts.
2. Then select View or Change Email Accounts and click Next.
3. Then select Add.
4. Select POP3 and click Next
5. Enter the following information:
|Your Name||The name you want to appear when people receive your email|
|E-Mail Address||The email address for this account|
|Incoming mail server (POP3)||mail.yourdomainname.co.uk|
|Outgoing mail server (SMTP)||
Use the SMTP mail server of the Internet Service Provider (ISP) that you use to connect to the Internet. This information can usually be found on your ISP's web site or by contacting their support department.
If your Internet access provider does not have an SMTP mail server for you to use, you can send mail through our SMTP server (smtp.ekmhosting.net). Instructions on how to set this up are at the bottom of this page.
|Username||The email accounts username (supplied to you by us)|
|Password||The email accounts password (supplied to you by us)|
6. Click Next and then Finish. Your email account has now been added.
Using our SMTP Mail Server
If your ISP who provides you with your connection to the internet does not offer a outgoing SMTP mail server then you can use ours, but you need to activate outgoing authentication. To do this in Outlook:
1. Go to Tools > Email Accounts.
2. Select 'View or change existing e-mail accounts' and click Next.
3. Select the email account you wish to use and click Change.
4. Click the More Settings button.
5. Click the Outgoing Server tab and tick My outgoing server (SMTP requires authentication.
6. Ensure the 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' option is selected and click OK.
7. Click Next and Finish. Your account is now setup.