As Google Shopping has now moved over to a paid model, you will need to ensure you have your own Google Merchant Centre account, and follow the instructions below to submit the feed file we generate through your own Merchant Centre account.
1. Start by logging into your Google account and browse to http://www.google.com/shopping. You will be presented with the page below. Simply click Sign In.
2. On the next page select your country, read the terms and conditions, click the Radio button to accept them and click Continue down at the bottom.
3. For the purposes of this guide we will be using a test site, but on the next page you will need to fill in “Company or Organisation Name (Required) and the Website URL Make sure to include the http:// at the start as per the below;
Then click Update at the bottom.
4. Now we need to claim your websites URL so click the General Settings link at the top;
5. Now click on Verify this URL (you may be asked to log in again here).
6. On the next page you will need to select the meta tag method of verification and then copy the meta tag given.
7. Now open a new window and login to your ekmPowershop account. Ensure that you have the Google Tools feature installed. Once installed go into Google Tools and insert your verification meta tag in the bottom box.
8. Go back to Google and click verify at the bottom, this will take you back to the general settings page where you can now click Claim this URL.
9. Now that we've claimed the URL we can register and submit the feed. Click data feeds on the left and then New Data Feed in the centre;
10. Make sure that the Target Country is set to the United Kingdom (unless you are based elsewhere) and enter the feed name as ekm_p_username.txt, so in this example it is ekm_p_rothwell.txt, and click Save Changes.
11. This brings us back to the data feeds page, so now we can upload the feed schedule. Click on Create next to the feed data;
The feeds are regenerated in the very early hours of each day. We recommend setting the schedule for daily at around 5am and the URL format is;
Where XX is your server number and “username” is your username, i.e. mine is;
Paste that URL in and click Schedule;
And that’s it, you are now live.
If you do not wish to wait until the next scheduled time then you will need to do a manual upload of the feed. Simply browse to the feed in your browser and press Ctrl+A to highlight everything. Copy all of this and paste it into a notepad document. Save this as ekm_p_username.txt and then use the manual upload button to manually select and upload the file you have saved to your computer;