[intro]When you have completed this guide, you will have applied for and installed an SSL Certificate onto your EKM online shop.[/intro]
1. To add an SSL Certificate to your account you need to log into your EKM online shop, click the Settings tab, then beneath the Shop Settings header on the top left of the page, click Domain Name:
2. If you do not have an EKM Domains account linked to your EKM online shop already, you will need to sign up for one (if you already have an EKM Domains account, skip to Step 4). Scroll to the bottom of the page and beneath the New To EKM Domains header, click the Signup button:
3. The page will refresh and the system will prompt you to confirm the Username for your EKM Domains account. This field will already be pre-populated with the Account ID of your EKM online shop, so click the green Signup button:
4. The page will refresh and on the bottom right of the page, you need to click the green Log In button to enable you to log into your EKM Domains account:
[warning]Before you begin, you need to ensure that you have access to the email address admin@[yourprimarydomainname]. This is because when you apply for an SSL Certificate, a confirmation email is sent to that address and you must ensure that you either have an admin@ email address set up or at least an admin@ alias on an existing email address on your domain.[/warning]
Existing EKM Domains Customers
If you have an EKM domain and you've not already set up an email address for your domain you will need to do this before you continue, using this guide.
If you are an existing EKM Domains customer and you already have email addresses on your domain, you just need to add an Alias to one of your existing email addresses if you don't have an admin@ email address already. To add an Alias, you'll need this guide.
Domains and emails held elsewhere
If you do not have a domain or email with EKM Domains, you will need to log into your account with your current domain provider to ensure that you can access an admin@ email address before you begin this process.
5. Next you need to click the SSL icon on the top right on the EKM Domains dashboard:
6. Click the Buy SSL Certificate button:
7. The free SSL Certificate is listed at the top of the page however, you can read about the other SSL Certificates that EKM Domains offers by clicking here. Click Buy next to the Rapid SSL certificate at the top of the list:
8. Click Continue on the next page:
Ensure that you have access to the Approver Email in the field before you click the blue Continue button to the bottom right.
9. You will then need to ensure that your contact details are correct before press the blue Continue button to the bottom right:
10. Click the blue Checkout button in the bottom right-hand corner to confirm your order:
11. You will then see a ‘processing’ message for a few moments. When processing is complete, you will see this page. Click the Continue button to the bottom right to return to the EKM Domains dashboard:
12. The next step is to check your admin@[yourprimarydomain] email address for the Confirmation Email; it usually arrives within thirty minutes or so, but be sure to check the junk and spam folders within your email inbox in case it has been sorted there instead of going into your main inbox.
When the email arrives, it will look like this:
13. Click the link in the email to confirm your details:
14.When you have clicked the orange Approve button, you’ll see this message:
15. You then need to wait around eight hours for the SSL Certificate to propagate and be visible on both your EKM online shop’s front end and in the back end, on the Domain Name page within the Settings tab.
Whilst you are awaiting propagating, you will receive an email to the email address that is registered on the domain that the SSL Certificate has been applied to. The email will look like this:
Although the email does detail some installation instructions, you do not need to follow them. Our Development Team has already made it possible for the SSL Certificate to work on your EKM online shop without you having to install it manually on your site.
16. You will also receive an email to the email address which is listed on your EKM online shop, informing you that your SSL Certificate is now active:
This email will arrive a few hours after you have confirmed your details - usually within an eight hour period. At this point, you can see that your SSL Certificate is active on your EKM online shop. You can see this on the front end, next to the address bar in your browser:
You can also see that your SSL Certificate is active in the back end of your EKM online shop, by logging in and clicking the Settings tab, and then click the Domain Name header to your left:
You will then see your Primary Domain Name, the indication that your SSL Certificate is active on your EKM online shop:
[warning] If you have previously submitted your domain name to Google Search Console and then have applied an SSL Certificate afterwards, you will need to log back into your Google Search Console account and delete the existing version of your domain name - with the 'http' - and replace it with an 'https' version. This is so Google will continue to recognise your domain. [/warning]
[remember]In one year, your SSL Certificate will need to be renewed. You will receive a reminder email to the email address listed against the domain account on the EKM Domains platform. You'll also need to be aware that you will receive a confirmation email again to the admin@ email address to confirm your details before the SSL Certificate is renewed automatically.[/remember]
- What SSL Certificates does EKM Domains offer?
- Pointing your GoDaddy Domain at your EKM online shop
- Pointing your 1and1 Domain at your EKM online shop
- Pointing your 123 Reg Domain at your EKM online shop
- Claiming your free EKM Domain Name
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]