Similar to the Google Tools feature, Facebook Pixel allows you to embed Facebook Pixel code onto your EKM online shop in order to monitor your visitor data and enable you to ascertain the success of your Facebook Advertising campaigns.
To configure the Facebook Pixel feature on the Features tab, you need to log into your Facebook Analytics account to begin.
1. Click the menu in the top left of the screen:
2. Click Events Manager:
3. Click the blue Get Started button for Facebook Pixel:
4. In the window that opens, give the Pixel a name and click the blue Create button:
5. In the window that opens, select Manually install the Code yourself:
6. Scroll down to the bottom of this long window and click the blue Continue button:
7. Your EKM online shop supports the following Events:
- Complete Registrations
- Add Payment Info
- Add To Cart
- Initiate Checkout
- View Content.
You do not need to configure the Events - just scroll to the bottom of the window:
8. Within Step 3 of this window, you can install Pixel Helper. It's a Chrome extension which lets you know if Pixel has been successfully configured on your website. Click the green button to install Pixel Helper:
9. Return to your previous browser tab and click the blue Done button in the bottom right of the Events window:
10. This will return you to the dashboard screen. Copy the Pixel ID from the top left:
11. Log into your EKM online shop and click the Features tab:
12. Click the Facebook Pixel icon:
13. Click the green Install Feature button on the bottom right:
14. Paste your Facebook Pixel ID into the field provided, and then click the green Save Changes button:
15. You will then be able to see the data recording visitors and purchases made on your EKM online shop within your Facebook Analytics account by clicking the menu, selecting Events Manager and clicking More Details next to your Pixel ID:
If you also installed the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome Extension, you will be able to see that the Pixel has been successfully installed by looking at your browser:
[warning] Facebook Pixel will not track if you have an adblocker installed. With that in mind, please disable any adblocker extensions to test Facebook Pixel. [/warning]
If you need our help to configure your Facebook Pixel feature, please let us know. You can call your Account Manager or Customer Support on 0333 004 0333. All calls are charged at local rate and we're available from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm weekends. Please have your Account ID available when you call in so we can quickly your account and quickly resolve your issues.