[intro]When you have completed this guide, you will understand how to update Products with and without Variants with a Product Weight which you’ll require to set up a Weight-Based Delivery method.[/intro]
If you are planning to use the Royal Mail or a similar courier company to ship your Products to your customers, you will need to set up a Weight-Based Delivery Method. This is so that as customers add more Products to their cart, the total weight of the order will be calculated automatically and they will be charged the correct amount for their delivery method.
You can also add a Weight to Products using spreadsheets and the Import/Export System on the Features tab which is useful if you have a lot of Products. It is recommended to add a Weight value to one Product manually beforehand so that when you have exported your Product data onto a spreadsheet, you can use this Product as an example of how Weight should be displayed. Follow the instructions below to manually add a Weight to a single Product before following the guide to complete this task using the Import/Export System.
Tick the Enable Product Weight box within the Custom Attributes feature and then click the green Save button on the bottom right:
The quickest and easiest way to add a Weight to your Products is via the Advanced Inventory Manager.
Products without Variants
1.Open the Advanced Inventory Manager feature:
2. When the Advanced Inventory Manager screen has loaded, click the hamburger menu to the top right of the page:
3. This will reveal a list of tick boxes. Ticking each of these boxes indicates which columns of data you have listed next to your Products within Advanced Inventory Manager. For the purpose of this task, ensure that you have the Weight box ticked:
4. Then you need to click on the All Products folder on the top left of the Advanced Inventory Manager, which displays all of the Products in your Shop all at once:
5. Click the grey scroll bar below the Products and slide it to the right until you can see the Weight column displayed alongside your Products:
6. On the EKM platform, Weights are added in kilos. For example, 1.0 is one kilo, and 500g would be entered as 0.5. To add a Weight to a Product, simply click within the Weight column where you will see a field appear for you to input the Weight value:
7. When you have inputted the Weight for that Product, simply click the box below to input the Weight for the next Product:
8. When you have added the Weight to the last Product in the list, simply click on any other field to save. This will allow the screen to update your saved changes.
Products with Variants
For Products with Variants you need to follow exactly the same instructions, however, when viewing Products with Variants within the Advanced Inventory Manager, any Products with Variants will have a grey bar beneath them.
1. Click this bar to reveal the Variants of that Product:
2. As you did with for Products without Variants, use the grey scroll bar to see the Weight column and the update the Product Variant Weights accordingly:
3. When you have added the Weight to the last Product Variant in the list, simply click on any other field to save. This will allow the screen to update your saved changes.
- Features - Product Attributes
- Enable Product Codes
- Enable Product Recommended Retail Price
- Enable Product Brand
- Enable Product Condition
- Enable Custom Attributes & Product Filters
- Features - Social Plugins
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]