[intro]To add Colours, Sizes, GTINs, MPNs, EANs and other characteristics specific for your Products, you need to enable Custom Attributes. This guide will also show you how to apply Product Filters to your Category pages which will help customers find the Products they want according to the Custom Attributes you've assigned to them. [/intro]
You can also add Custom Attributes to your Products using spreadsheets and the Import/Export System, but we recommend adding Custom Attributes to a single Product first so that when you have exported your Product data to a spreadsheet, you can use this Product as an example for how your Custom Attributes should be completed for the rest of your Products.
Ensure you have enabled Custom Attributes within the Product Attributes feature and saved your changes:
[tips] When adding Custom Attributes, don’t get carried away! It’s very easy to add lots of Custom Attributes all at once, however these can be laborious to maintain and might not necessarily be something your customers will use when looking for Products. Keep your Custom Attributes simple! [/tips]
Products without Variants
1. Within the Edit Product window, click the Attributes tab:
2. You’ll then see the field where you can add your first Custom Attribute:
3. If you click in the Name field, you’ll see a list of popular Custom Attributes - just click the one you want to use:
4. However, if the specific Attribute you want to add is not in the list, simply type it into the Name field instead:
5. You then need to put in the Value of the Attribute in the Value Field, and click the green Add button:
6. Continue this process until you have added all of your Custom Attributes. You then just need to click Save & Close:
[tips] As you’re adding your Custom Attributes, double check that your spelling is correct so that each Custom Attribute works correctly - one spelling mistake could accidentally create an unwanted Custom Attribute on some of your Products so it’s essential that everything is perfect! [/tips]
Products with Variants
1. Within the Edit Product window, click the Variants tab:
2. Click Edit on your first Variant Choice:
3. Click the Attributes tab:
4. As before, add each of your Custom Attributes. Click the green Save button before you click Return To Master Product. Repeat this process until all of the Product Variants have been assigned Custom Attributes.
Applying Product Filters
When you have applied Custom Attributes to your Products (either manually using the steps above or via a spreadsheet and the Import/Export System) you can apply Product Filters to your EKM online shop.
1. To do this, click the Shop tab on your EKM online shop and ensure that you have clicked the Edit Content button. Click Edit Content next to the Category you wish to apply your Product Filters to:
2. Click the Product Filters tab:
3. If you click the box for a Price Filter, this ensures that customers will see a slider where they can select Products according to Price. This is excellent if you sell a wide range of similar products, such as clothes or gifts, for example:
4. Use the grey scroll bar to the right to navigate down the list of Attributes - all you need to do is tick the box next to any Attributes you have applied to your Products before clicking Save & Close:
5. If you visit the front end of your EKM online shop and look at the Category Page you have just edited, you will be able to see the Product Filters. This will allows your customers to quickly search through larger categories to find the Products they want.
- Features - Product Attributes
- Enable Product Codes
- Enable Product Recommended Retail Price
- Enable Product Brand
- Enable Product Condition
- Enable Product Weight
- Features - Social Plugins
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]