[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have uploaded a spreadsheet to your EKM online shop. [/intro]
1. Log back into your EKM online shop before clicking on the Features tab.
2. Then click the icon to log into Import/Export System Feature:
3. This time, you need to select Import From File:
4. Click the Choose File button to select your spreadsheet of products you want to add to your EKM online shop. When you have selected the spreadsheet, click the green Upload button:
5. When the spreadsheet has been uploaded onto the site, you should see it listed alongside the date of upload, file size and file type:
6. You can click the dustbin symbol to delete the file completely from the system, or press the blue arrow to download the file from your website. However, for the next phase of adding new products to your shop, you need to click the File Name itself.
The system will then offer you two options: Test For Errors and Start Import Process. ALWAYS test a spreadsheet for errors before importing it to the site. This ensures that the spreadsheet is checked and will not potentially cause any serious issues on your website when it has been imported.
7. When you test your spreadsheet for errors, any issues are highlighted in red within the large window:
8. When the spreadsheet has been tested which can sometimes take a few moments depending on the number of products on it, click the Warnings and Errors bar below the large window to see the details of any problems the spreadsheet has.
If there are any errors, these need to be rectified on your spreadsheet before uploading it to the site again and re-testing. If there are any references to ‘Unrecognised Header’, this is a guideline and not an error and can be ignored:
9. When the spreadsheet has been tested and no issues are reported, click the Start Import Process header to import the spreadsheet onto your EKM online shop:
10. When you have pressed Start Import Process, you will see this screen. Do not navigate away from it and simply leave the system to complete the task before clicking the Done button:
- Claiming your free EKM domain name
- Adding an SSL Certificate to your EKM online shop
- Purchasing an email address on EKM Domains
- Submitting your EKM online shop to Google
- Social Plugins
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]