[intro]On the Tax page you can configure your Tax settings, including what rate of tax you charge, how tax is displayed and which countries are charged tax.[/intro]
1. To locate the Tax settings on your EKM online shop, click the Settings tab:
2. Beneath the Shop Settings header on the top left-hand side, click Tax:
3. If you intend to charge tax on your EKM online shop, select ‘Yes’ from the drop-down menu provided, which reveal the Tax Settings:
In the first element, you’ll see listed the Tax Rates for the Products on your EKM online shop:
If you set the rate of tax to 0% then all reference to tax will be removed from your store. If you intend to sell any Products that are tax exempt, such as equipment for disabled people, for example, you need to indicate this within the Edit Product window for each Product:
If you wish to make several Products tax exempt in bulk, you can use the Import/Export System to edit your Products using spreadsheets.
[tips] If you’re not sure which of your Products are tax exempt, click here to see current legislation explained on the Gov.uk website. [/tips]
In the Tax Rates element, on the Tax settings page, you can also input reduced tax rates too by amending the fields provided. If you require more fields to add more different tax rates, add the name of the reduced rate in the field to the left and the rate in the field to the right:
In the Tax Settings element, you can choose whether your displayed Product Prices include tax, whether you want the Product Prices to be displayed excluding tax, whether your Delivery Charges include tax and how tax should be displayed on the Shopping Cart page.
The kind of Products you sell on your EKM online shop will depend on how you want the tax to display. You can easily make your changes by selecting the most relevant options from the drop-down menus provided:
Do your product prices exclude or exclude tax?
- This tax amount can be added to all of your products automatically and shown when the customer views the shopping cart.
- Alternatively, you can enter all your products with the price including tax and when at the shopping cart this tax amount will be taken away from each product and broken down and displayed as Tax.
Do your delivery charges include or exclude tax?
- Tax can also apply to your delivery charges, so we need to know if your delivery charges include/exclude tax, and whether or not you wish to charge tax on delivery.
In the Taxable Countries element, you can select which countries you charge tax to by ticking the box next to each. By default, the EEC countries are automatically ticked within this list:
Finally, when you have made your changes, click the green Update button on the bottom right of the Tax page:
[tips] When you have amended the settings on the Tax page, it’s a good idea to test the front end of your EKM online shop by adding Products to the Cart and ensuring that during this process, all prices and tax display the way you intended. [/tips]
- Import/Export System
- Submitting your EKM online shop to Google
- The EKM Edit Product window
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]