[intro] Before you begin this guide, you need to ensure that you have installed the Product Attributes feature (and allowed Weight and Custom Attributes to be assigned to your Products), Import/Export System, EKM API and Advanced Inventory Manager. [/intro]
If you have no stock to sell on your EKM online shop, you can easily create your own by dropshipping with Inkthreadable. All you need to do is create the images you want to apply to the products, upload them to the Inkthreadable website and then import your products into your EKM online shop.
You do need to have some graphic design experience, however, as this is required for creating images of the right standards to upload to the products. If you don’t already have an image editing programme on your computer, we recommend using Affinity, Adobe’s Photoshop or similar - this will enable you to create images that are 300 ppi png files with RGB colour values.
If you’ve never created images for printing purposes before, it’s worth having a look at Inkthreadable’s glossary of printing terms here.
How do I get paid?
Customers will purchase items from your EKM online shop, which are then processed by Inkthreadable. You can either purchase credits on your Inkthreadable account or pay for the orders as and when they come in. You can read more about paying for your Inkthreadable orders by clicking here.
Configuring your EKM online shop
1. Log into your EKM online shop and click the Features tab:
2. Click the EKM API feature:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. You’ll then see the Endpoint and the API Key. You need these to link to your Inkthreadable account:
[caution] Your API key is unique to your EKM online shop and needs to be kept secret - with this in mind if you think that your API key may have been compromised in any way, you need to click the green Generate New API Key button within the feature and repeat the steps within this guide to reconfigure your EKM online shop with your Inkthreadable account.[/caution]
Creating your Inkthreadable account
1. Click here to register for an Inkthreadable account. You will need to add your email address, a password and tick the terms & conditions before you click the orange Continue button:
2. You’ll then see the notification that you are registered to use Inkthreadable. Click on Products & Pricing:
3. You’ll be taken to a page where you can select which products you would like to offer on your EKM online shop:
4. Before you begin to select Products, you need to link your Inkthreadable account to your EKM online shop. To do this, click Profile in the top right-hand corner:
5. You now need to complete your details on this page. When you have completed the field for your Billing and Shipping Addresses, VAT and Currency, click the orange Save Changes button at the bottom of the page:
6. Then you need to click Integrations on the top left-hand menu:
7. Click Link Your Store beneath the EKM logo:
8. You’ll then see two fields for the Endpoint and the API key:
9. You need to copy these details from the API feature in your EKM online shop (which should still be open on a separate browser tab). When you have pasted the details in, click the orange Connect button:
10. You’ll then see this confirmation. Click Review and Complete:
Upload your Branding
1. You’ll then see the Edit Brand Page. You need to add the name of your store, customer service phone numbers and a packing slip message, as well as uploading your brand logo and inside neck labels:
2. The logo will be what the customer sees on the packing slip when they have received their product, and the label is what is applied if you decide to sell clothing, as the manufacturer’s label will be removed and replaced with your own version.
[remember] When you’re creating labels to add to your Inkthreadable products, the following dimensions apply:
Inside Neck Labels:
8cm x 8cm (226.8 x 226.8 pixels square)
3. When you have completed the fields and uploaded your Logo and your Clothing label, click the orange Save button:
- Claiming your free EKM domain name
- Adding an SSL Certificate to your EKM online shop
- Purchasing an email address on EKM Domains
- Social Plugins
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]