[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have installed the Password Protect feature, which is recommended for hiding your EKM online shop behind a password wall to prevent it being viewed publicly. [/intro]
- Installing Password Protect
- Configuring Password Protect
- Enable Multiple Usernames & Passwords
- Removing Password Protect
Located on the Features tab, Password Protect allows you to hide either just your Homepage, Product and Category pages or your Webpages too, behind a password wall. This functionality is ideal if you are adding a new Theme to your EKM online shop and don’t wish the public to be able to view anything until you are ready.
Installing Password Protect
1. To install Password Protect, click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, scroll down and click the Discount Management icon:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. You’ll now see the settings for the Password Protect feature.
Configuring Password Protect
1. If you want to enable it right away, you need to ensure that the top checkbox is ticked, and click the little ABC box to reveal the default password, delete it and add in your own. Ensure that your password is easy to remember and consists of a minimum of eight characters with at least one number:
2. If you would like to hide some or all of your Webpages too, click either the Select All checkbox or the checkboxes on the pages you want to hide, and then click the green Save button:
3. This will hide your EKM online shop behind a password wall until you turn Password Protect off:
It’s often used when drastic design changes are being made, such as changing the Theme on your EKM shop, where you don’t want anything to be public until the new Theme has been applied and all of the Design Images uploaded.
Enable Multiple Usernames & Passwords
4. Returning to the settings within the Password Protect feature, if you want to enable members of your staff to get through the password wall, you need to tick the Enable Multiple Usernames & Passwords box:
5. When you tick the box, it will reveal an Add Login button. Click this to create login details for any members of your staff you wish to be able to bypass your Password Wall. When you have finished, click the green Save button:
6. Your customers will then see a password wall like this when they go to your EKM online shop:
Removing Password Protect
1. When you want to remove Password Protect from your EKM online shop, simply return to the settings within the feature and untick the Enable Password Protect box:
2. Then click the green Save button:
Using Password Protect this way is useful if you wish your EKM online shop to remain hidden from the general public but want to allow your own staff and customers to see it, or alternatively if you want to hide it from public view and customers with accounts, but only allow your staff to view it.
- Features - Customer Login
- Features - Social Plugins
- Features - Product Attributes
- Features - Discount Management
- Features - Import/Export System
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]