[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have installed the Password Protect feature, which is recommended for hiding your EKM online shop behind a password wall to prevent it being viewed publicly. [/intro]
- Installing Password Protect
- Configuring Password Protect
- Enable Multiple Usernames & Passwords
- Removing Password Protect
Located on the Features tab, Password Protect allows you to hide either just your Homepage, Product and Category pages or your Webpages too, behind a password wall. This functionality is ideal if you are adding a new Theme to your EKM online shop and don’t wish the public to be able to view anything until you are ready.
Installing Password Protect
1. To install Password Protect, click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, scroll down and click the Discount Management icon:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. You’ll now see the settings for the Password Protect feature.
Configuring Password Protect
1. If you want to enable it right away, you need to ensure that the top checkbox is ticked, and click the little ABC box to reveal the default password, delete it and add in your own. Ensure that your password is easy to remember and consists of a minimum of eight characters with at least one number:
2. If you would like to hide some or all of your Webpages too, click either the Select All checkbox or the checkboxes on the pages you want to hide, and then click the green Save button:
3. This will hide your EKM online shop behind a password wall until you turn Password Protect off:
It’s often used when drastic design changes are being made, such as changing the Theme on your EKM shop, where you don’t want anything to be public until the new Theme has been applied and all of the Design Images uploaded.
Enable Multiple Usernames & Passwords
4. Returning to the settings within the Password Protect feature, if you want to enable customers to get through the password wall, you need to tick the Enable Multiple Usernames & Passwords box:
[tips] In order for customers to create an account on your EKM online shop, you need to install the Customer Login feature. Click here to find out how it’s done. [/tips]
5. When you tick the box, it will reveal the email address of any customer who has either been added to your EKM online shop or who has created an account themselves. You’ll notice that there’s a Lock button next to each account. Click the green Save button:
6. Your customers will then see a password wall like this when they go to your EKM online shop:
7. They need to enter their email address and password which they used to open their account on your EKM online shop in order to get through the password wall. However, if you don’t want to allow all customers access - for example, if you have created accounts for your staff on your EKM online shop - return to the Password Protect settings and click the Lock button on each account you don’t want to allow through the Password wall, before clicking the green Save button:
This ensures that Emma - my fictitious customer - can’t get past the password wall, but Bertie - my fictitious member of staff - can.
Removing Password Protect
1. When you want to remove Password Protect from your EKM online shop, simply return to the settings within the feature and untick the Enable Password Protect box:
2. Then click the green Save button:
Using Password Protect this way is useful if you wish your EKM online shop to remain hidden from the general public but want to allow your own staff and customers to see it, or alternatively if you want to hide it from public view and customers with accounts, but only allow your staff to view it.
- Features - Customer Login
- Features - Social Plugins
- Features - Product Attributes
- Features - Discount Management
- Features - Import/Export System
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]