[intro] The Customer Login feature is a functionality which allows your customers to create accounts on your EKM online shop. This enables you to encourage loyalty as you can create offers with the Discount Management feature that are triggered when customers log into their accounts. [/intro]
The Customer Login feature allows customers to create accounts on your EKM online shop when they reach the checkout flow. When they have opened an account on that first purchase, they can then sign into that account when they next visit your EKM online shop where they can view any previous orders. Installing Customer Login also means that you can offer your customers Loyalty Points, which are useful for encouraging return visits.
Installing Customer Login
1. To install the Customer Login feature, click on the Features tab:
2. Scroll down to the More Features box and click the Customer Login icon:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. You’ll now see the first page of the Customer Login feature:
How Customers Login
Now you have installed the Customer Login feature, customers can create and log into their accounts on your EKM online shop. Where and how they do that depends on the settings within the back end and the Theme you have used.
1. To enable your customers to log into their existing accounts on the Checkout flow, click the Settings tab:
2. Click Checkout on the left-hand side:
3. Click the first of the Checkout Steps and then click Edit Settings:
4. Tick the Enable Customer Login box and then click the green Save Changes button:
5. You’ll notice that when you tick the box to Enable Customer Login, you’ll also see another box ticked automatically for Enable Guest Checkout. This is so that customers who don’t have accounts will not be forced to create one in order to complete their purchase.
Now you have switched on the functionality to allow customers to log into or create accounts on your EKM online shop during the Checkout flow:
Whilst this method is ideal for some kinds of EKM online shops, it is not for others. If you use an express Payment Gateway - such as Paypal Express or Amazon for example - both of these payment methods direct customers away from your Checkout flow, which will prevent them from logging into their account. To combat this, you need to ensure that the Customer Login fields are elsewhere too.
6. At this point, it is worth opening a separate browser tab and visiting your EKM online shop via it’s domain name and looking for the Customer Login fields. Most Themes will already have the element for Customer Login added and once the feature has been installed, you’ll see the Custom Login symbol on the homepage.
For example, using the Odin responsive Theme on my test shop, you’ll see the Customer Login symbol on the top right of the homepage:
However, if you are using an older or previously customised Theme on your EKM online shop and you can't see a Customer Login symbol or form anywhere, please let us know as our Tweaks Team will be able to add this for you.
Configuring Customer Login
1. Returning to the Customer Login feature, you can customise what the customer sees when they log into their account on your EKM online shop. Looking at the basic settings, I have set them so that when my customers log into their accounts, they will see their previous Orders and any Coupon Codes that they have used on their orders:
2. I’ve also added a custom message to the Secure Area page which the customer will see when they log into their account. To do this, click Edit:
3. Add your custom message below the existing EKM Tags. Don’t delete the EKM Tags as these are responsible for displaying the customer’s Orders. When you have added your custom message, click the Save & Close button:
4. Then you need to click the green update button:
5. With those Settings in the Customer Login feature, your customers will see:
[caution] If your EKM online shop has not had an SSL Certificate applied to it yet, when customers log into their account they will have to click a link to be taken to a secure page to view their order history:
To prevent this, click here to find out how to apply an SSL Certificate to your EKM online shop. [/caution]
Adding Customers Manually
You can add customers to your EKM online shop manually if for whatever reason they are unable to create an account themselves, or for example, you have obtained their details and written consent in paper format and need to convert these details into a shop account.
[caution] Creating accounts manually for your customers involves you having to adhere to GDPR legislation, as you will be collecting personal data from your customer and processing it to create an account. To do this, you need to ensure that the customer has expressed their consent for you to create an account for them, and this consent should be recorded and stored safely in your records.
Whilst this support guide is for guidance, any personal information contained within our customer's EKM online shops is their own responsibility. We have taken security measures to ensure that our customers are protected against loss, alteration or misuse but GDPR compliance is the sole responsibility of the website/business owner.
1. To manually create a customer account on your EKM online shop, you need to click the Orders tab:
2. On the Orders page, click Add Customer:
You will then see the fields displayed for you to add your customer’s details. In regards to a password, create one for them that is over eight digits and is a combination of lowercase, capital letters and numbers. Note this down and advise the customer what it is to enable them to log into the account and change the password themselves.
It’s also a good idea to click the Add Note button too and record how you obtained the customer details, when you created the account and how the customer gave their consent for your own records.
3. When you have completed all of the fields, click the green Save button in the top right:
- Features - Password Protect
- Features - Discount Management
- Features - Social Plugins
- Using Hotjar on your EKM online shop
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]