[intro] Delivery Widgets on the Shopping Cart page allow your customers to see what Delivery Methods are available to them when they purchase items from your EKM online shop. Whilst Delivery Widgets are an optional feature, they are a good way to display your shipping costs before the customer has entered the checkout flow, and are essential for testing that your Delivery Methods have been configured correctly. [/intro]
[warning] If you use Klarna as a Payment Gateway on your EKM online shop, we recommend that you do not use the Delivery Widgets on the Shopping Cart page. This is because the Klarna Payment Gateway comes with its own Checkout page and does not use the standard Checkout Flow. [/warning]
On the Shopping Cart page, before the customer has selected how they are going to pay for their purchase, you can add a Delivery Widget. This provides the customer with an estimate of how much the delivery costs on their order will be.
1. Click the Settings tab:
2. On the Settings page, select Cart:
3. On the Cart page beneath the Delivery Widget header is a drop-down menu:
4. You can select Estimate Delivery Widget, Choose Delivery Widget or None - simply make your selection and click the green Save button:
5. If you select None, there will be no Delivery Widget on the Cart page and instead, customers will select which Delivery Method they would like to use later on in the Checkout Flow.
Estimate Delivery Widget
1. Select the Estimate Delivery Widget:
2. On the Shopping Cart page, this is visible as a grey area on the left-hand side, with an orange prompt urging customers to click the grey area and enter their postcode:
3. This is because on my Delivery Methods, I’m using Location Restrictions, so my EKM online shop is prompting customers for a postcode so it can quickly ascertain which Delivery Method is most suitable for them:
4. When displayed on the Shopping cart page, customers will see an 'i' symbol informing them that this is an estimate and there may be other methods to choose from within the Checkout process.
Choose Delivery Widget
1. Select this if you want the system to choose the cheapest delivery method for the customer's order to be displayed at the checkout. Again, the customers will be offered a choice of Delivery Methods during the Checkout Flow:
2. This Delivery Widget allows the customer to select which Delivery Method they would like to use from the choice available to them:
3. When you have this Delivery Widget installed, you’ll also notice that when you edit a Delivery Method, you’ll see this checkbox displayed:
4. This allows you to pick and choose which of your Delivery Methods are offered to the customer on the Shopping Cart page.
When you have applied a Delivery Widget to your Shopping Cart page, you need to test your Delivery Methods to ensure that they have been correctly configured by using this guide.
- Settings - Delivery
- Delivery - Country Groups
- Delivery - Delivery Options for Unusual Products
- Delivery - Offering Free Shipping and Reduced Shipping
- Delivery - Testing your Delivery Methods
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]