[intro] If your EKM online shop is on our Standard, Advanced or Pro tier, you’ll be able to use the Staff Logins functionality. This feature is ideal for larger businesses where more than one member of staff may need to log into your account to process orders, add content or similar, but you need to ensure that they can only access parts of your EKM online shop specific to their role.
Using Staff Logins on your EKM online shop is a fantastic way to provide your staff with access to the back end but only allow them to view exactly what they need to, and nothing more. This is useful as it ensures that you can adhere to GDPR legislation as you can protect any personal data stored on the shop by only making it accessible to specific persons.
1. From the Dashboard, click the Settings tab:
2. On the Settings page, scroll down and look through the options listed on the left-hand side. Staff Logins is beneath the Account Settings header:
Creating a Staff Login
On this page, you can begin to set up your Staff Logins. Notice the domain name at the top - this is the address you need to give your staff to enable them to log in.
3. Click the Add Staff Account button:
[remember] Your staff will log in using a different URL to you. As the EKM online shop owner, you will log into your account via EKM.com. However, for your staff to log in, they will need to log in via the address listed at the top of your Staff Logins page. This is usually in the following format: yourdomainname.co.uk/staff. [/remember]
On my own EKM online shop, I am going to create Staff Logins for my two staff members; one is a designer and one processes our orders. We’ll create a staff login for my designer first.
4. In the New Staff Login window, you need to complete the fields provided at the top of the window before selecting exactly what the member of staff can see when they log in:
My designer is responsible for regularly updating the Theme on my shop, so for this, I’ve given her access to the Design and Design Elements areas. She will also be working on the Navigation too, so she also has access to the Categories & Products area to enable her to complete this task.
[tips] When creating a password for your staff member, ensure it has a minimum of eight characters with at least one of these being a number, and if possible, one or two capitals letters as well. Don't be tempted to use 'password1234' as although it's easily remembered, it's easily guessed too! [/tips]
5. When all the fields are complete, click the green button:
6. You’ll then see your first Staff Login displayed:
7. Click the green button to create a New Staff Account:
8. Again, you need to complete the fields provided before selecting what Privileges you want to allow that member of staff to see:
As my second member of staff only processes orders for me, she only needs access to the Orders section of my EKM online shop, and nothing else.
9. When you have selected Privileges, click the green button:
10. From the Staff Logins page, you can see what Privileges each member of staff has by clicking the Details button to bring up a summary window:
Deleting a Staff Login
You can delete any existing Staff Logins by clicking the Delete button next to the relevant member of staff:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]