[intro] Before you begin, you need to ensure that you have already created a Paypal account. If you have not, click here for the guide. When you have completed the steps within this guide, you will have installed Paypal Standard onto your EKM online shop which will allow your customers to pay for items using their own Paypal Accounts. [/intro]
- The Customer’s Journey
- Adding Card Logos to the Payment Gateway
- Customising your Paypal Page
- Removing the Payment Gateway
Installing the Payment Gateway
1. From the Dashboard, click the Settings tab:
2. Then click Payments on the left-hand side:
3. Click Add Payment Method:
4. Click ‘Looking For More Payment Methods?’ on the bottom right:
5. Click the green button for Paypal Website Payments Standard:
6. In the field provided, add in the email address registered to your Paypal account and then click Update Settings:
7. This will return you to the Payments page. Once again, click Configure for Paypal Standard:
8. Returning to the page, we need to add the Return URL in the grey box to our Paypal account. This ensures that after the customer has made their payment on Paypal, they are automatically redirected to the Order Success page of your EKM online shop:
9. To do this, open a separate browser tab and log into your Paypal account. Scroll down and look towards the bottom left-hand side of the screen. Click Seller Preferences:
10. On this new page, click Update for Website Preferences:
11. You now need to click the box to turn on Auto Return and paste in the Return URL from the grey box on the Paypal page in your EKM online shop:
12. When you have done this, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the yellow button:
The Customer’s Journey
1. Using the Paypal Standard Payment Gateway on your EKM online shop, your customers will use the Checkout Flow as normal. On the Order Summary page the customer will see:
2. Clicking the Payment button will take them to this page:
3. Here the customer can either log into their own Paypal account to pay for their order, or click the grey button to pay by debit or credit card.
Adding Card Logos to the Payment Gateway
As the default version of Paypal Standard only displays the Paypal logo on the Order Summary page of the Checkout Flow, it’s a good idea to add Card Logos to this Payment Gateway so customers know that they can checkout using debit and credit cards too.
1. To do this, from the Settings page, click Checkout on the left-hand side:
2. Scroll down to the Checkout Steps and hover over Order Summary, where you’ll see an Edit Settings button appear. Click it:
3. Click Edit for Payment Buttons:
4. Click Edit for Paypal:
5. Click each Card Logo you would like to display on the Payment Gateway and then click the green Save button:
6. Now when your customers see Paypal on the Order Summary page, it looks like this:
Customising your Paypal Page
1. You can also customise the Paypal login page to ensure that your own logo is displayed. From the Payments page within Settings, click to configure Paypal:
2. Scroll down the page and click the box to Enable Advanced Options:
3. This will reveal Advanced Options. Here, you can select whether you want to use your Shop Logo, Select Logo (which will allow you to choose an image from the Design Images area of your File Manager) or Upload a logo specifically for this purpose.
When you have selected which logo you would like to use, ensure that the Line Item Details is visible, so all of the customer's products in their order are displayed on the Paypal, and then click the green Update Settings button.
Removing the Payment Gateway
1. To remove the Paypal Standard Payment Gateway from your EKM online shop, from the Settings page, click Payments on the left-hand side:
2. Click Configure for Paypal Website Payments Standard:
3. Click the button on the bottom left-hand side:
4. This will remove the Payment Gateway from your EKM online shop.
[remember] Paypal is a third party Payment Gateway, which means you are using a company external to EKM in order to process payments on your EKM online shop. With this in mind, EKM cannot control how the third party processes payments or influence their policies and procedures.
Whilst there are rarely issues with third-party payment gateways, on occasion it is necessary to contact them directly to resolve any issues as our Customer Support Team is only able to investigate up to the point where the customer is transferred away from your EKM online shop to process their payment before they are redirected back again to complete the order. [/remember]
- Adding Paypal Express to your EKM online shop
- Braintree Powered By Paypal
- Payment Gateways
- Adding Klarna to your EKM online shop
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]