[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have successfully installed Braintree (powered by Paypal) onto your EKM online shop, giving your customers the facility to pay via credit and debit cards. Before you begin, you need to ensure that you have a Paypal account and that your bank details are on hand for the installation process.[/intro]
Braintree Powered By Paypal is one of the quickest Payment Gateways to install on your EKM online shop and offers your customers the ability to pay for their transactions via a standard credit/debit card or their own Paypal account if they wish.
You do need to have a Paypal account of your own to link to this Payment Gateway, but if you do not have one already, you can open one by following this guide.
[tips] Before you begin this guide, contact your bank and obtain the IBAN Code for the bank account linked to your Paypal account, and the BIC/Swift Code. The IBAN Code is unique to your bank account and allows you to receive money internationally, whilst the BIC Code (sometimes called a Swift Code) corresponds to the physical bank branch where your account is located.
You should be able to obtain this information over the phone or within the branch itself, but by getting it before you begin to set up your Braintree Payment Gateway will prevent the sign-up page potentially ‘timing-out’ if you have to stop during the process to call your bank. [/tips]
1. From the Dashboard, click the Settings tab:
2. Click Payments:
3. Click the green Add Payment Method button:
4. Click Credit Cards:
5. Click Add Method for Braintree:
6. Click the Connect with Braintree button:
7. Click the blue login button:
8. Add the email address which is registered to your existing Paypal account and your Paypal password into the fields provided and click the Log In button:
9. Read the small print, and then click the blue Agree button:
10. Read the small print within the window and if you’re happy to proceed, click the button:
11. Complete the details in the fields provided, using the drop-down menus. If you have no Registration Number, simply add ten zeros to this field before clicking the button:
12. Complete the details in the fields provided and click the button:
13. Complete the details in the fields provided; as explained, add '60,000' into the first field if you are not sure how much you will process annually. You should be able to estimate the Average Transaction and Largest Transaction figures according to the type of Products you have for sale on your EKM online shop. Click the Next Step button:
14. Using the drop-down menus, complete the fields provided and press the button:
15. You now need to add the BIC Code - sometimes known as a Swift Code - into the field provided. This is the number that is unique to the branch where your bank account was opened. The IBAN Code is a code unique to your bank account, which allows you to receive international payments:
16. Link your Paypal Account by clicking Add Account:
17. In the window that opens, add your Paypal account details and blick the blue button:
18. When you have successfully linked your Paypal account to Braintree, you’ll see a tick appear to the right. Click the black Authorize button:
19. You need to authorise access here by allowing your new Braintree account to share information with your EKM online shop in order to process payments. Click the black button:
20. You will now be returned to the Braintree configuration page in the back end of your EKM online shop. There is a green notification advising that your application is due to be checked by Braintree. This notification should disappear automatically within a couple of hours. On this page, tick the box to Enable Advanced Options:
20. Ticking the box for Paypal Checkout adds a Paypal button to the Shopping Cart page of your EKM online shop. This will allow the customer to bypass parts of your own Checkout Flow, but this may make the payment process quicker for your customers. If you wish to run on this functionality, tick the box.
The 3D Secure checkbox ensures that during the transaction process, a window provided by the customer’s bank will display and urge the customer to add their passcode/password as set by their bank. This extra step reduces fraudulent payments.
In the 3D Minimum Amount field, you can set a minimum amount for the window mentioned above to trigger, but we’d recommend leaving this set as zero, so every transaction requires this security step.
When you have checked the boxes, click the green button:
The Customer Journey
1. On the Shopping Cart page, your customer will first see the Paypal Checkout button, if you have allowed this functionality in the Advanced Options, discussed above in Step 20:
2. If they wish to pay via Paypal and press the button, a window will appear where the customer can log into their Paypal account or pay by credit/debit card:
3. However if the customer does not have a Paypal account or you have not allowed the Paypal Checkout functionality, they will press the Checkout Securely button to enter the Checkout Flow:
4. On the Order Summary page of the Checkout Flow, Braintree then appears twice - once as Card Logos and the text ‘Powered By Braintree’ which is for card payments, and once again as the Paypal logo, again offering the customers to pay with an existing Paypal account if they wish:
5. Selecting the Card Logos will allow the customer to add their card details into the fields provided:
Removing the Payment Gateway
1. To remove Braintree from your EKM online shop, click the Settings tab and then click Payments on the left-hand side:
2. Click Configure for Braintree:
3. Click the button to the left:
This will remove the Braintree Payment Gateway completely from your EKM online shop. You will need to contact Braintree on 0800 368 7297 on weekdays between 9am-5.30pm to close down your account with them.
- Adding Paypal Express to your EKM online shop
- Adding Paypal Standard to your EKM online shop
- Braintree Powered By Paypal
- Payment Gateways
- Adding Klarna to your EKM online shop
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]