[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will understand how EKM’s Evolution service works, how to request it on your own EKM online shop and how to approve and decline suggestions. [/intro]
- How to request Evolution
- How to Approve/Decline Suggestions
- Test Shop or Live Shop?
- How often can you ask for Evolution?
The Evolution Mode is a service that we pride ourselves on here at EKM. Our goal is to ensure that our customer’s online shops are up to date in regards to functionality and are the best they can possibly be. We do this with through our Evolution Team who visit every account annually. They check to see if the purchaser’s journey is good, the design is modern and the quality of the content is appealing to maximise the sales opportunity.
On the internet, in terms of both e-commerce shops and websites, design trends and styles change quickly and amongst customers, shopping trends can change and grow at a rapid rate. An online shop that looked and performed fantastically well a couple of years ago may not be doing so well now, and often the navigation, content quality and customer experience is the cause.
The Evolution Team combats this by ensuring that both the content and design are brought up to date, with complicated navigation simplified for a better customer experience. This is a free service unique to EKM, and one that has improved profitability for many of our
This is not a custom design service, but rather a functionality that makes suggestions and if they’re approved, the change is implemented for you. At EKM, the Evolution Team constantly research online trends and recommended practices to advise you which of these should be applied to your own EKM online shop.
How to Request Evolution
1. If the Evolution Team have not yet visited your account, you can manually request that they do so. To do this, from the Dashboard, click the Settings tab:
2. On the Setting Pages, click Evolution Mode on the bottom left-hand side:
3. Click the Improve Your Shop button:
4. The Evolution Team will then receive a notification and will visit your EKM online shop very soon.
How to Approve/Deny Suggestions
1. When the Evolution Team visits your EKM online shop, they will make suggestions as to how they could improve it. You will see a notification on the Dashboard advising you that suggestions have been made. Click Review Improvements:
2. This will take you to the Evolution Mode page again, where the suggestions made by the Evolution Team are listed. Click the More Details button on a suggestion:
3. Within the window that opens up will be details of the suggestions and why it was made:
4. If you click Accept Improvement, this will notify the Evolution Team and they will complete the task for you. If you click Decline Improvement, a second window will appear:
5. In this window, you can detail why you do not want that suggestion implemented on your EKM online shop. However, if you click No, Don’t Decline Improvement, you will be returned to the previous window to accept the recommendation. If you have added comments and clicked Yes, Decline Improvement, this will be sent to the Evolution Team.
If you have accepted one or all of the suggestions, then these will be completed for you by the Evolution within 28 days.
Test Shop or Live Shop?
All suggestions implemented by the Evolution Team will be carried out on the Test Shop of your EKM online shop unless you request otherwise.
How often can you ask for Evolution?
How often you can request Evolution Mode depends on what tier your EKM online shop is on:
- Established Tier - Shops on this level can request Evolution Mode as often as is required.
- Growing Tier - Accounts on this tier can request Evolution Mode once every six months.
- Startup Tier - On this tier, you can request Evolution Mode once every twelve months.
If you want a further Evolution Mode review you are able to upgrade to a higher tier to obtain this. You just need to follow the upgrade steps when you click on Evolution Mode within your EKM Settings.
- Creating a Social Media Strategy
- Using Hotjar on your EKM online shop
- Submitting your EKM online shop to Google
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]