[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have installed the eBay Integration feature on your EKM online shop and configured your settings which will allow you to import Products from and export Products to the auction site.[/intro]
If you have not owned an e-commerce website before and only sold goods on eBay previously, click here to learn about the differences between eBay and e-commerce, and how design and content etiquette needs to be changed to suit your EKM online shop.
[caution] You can only link your EKM online shop to an eBay account if it’s an eBay Shop account. Standard, personal eBay accounts will not work with this feature. You can read more about converting your eBay account to an eBay Shop account by clicking here. [/caution]
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, scroll down to More Features and click the eBay icon:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. Click the green button on the bottom right-hand side to link your existing eBay shop to your EKM online shop:
5. You now need to add your eBay username and password into the fields provided before clicking the Sign In button:
6. When you have logged in, you’ll see this message. Click the Agree button:
7. This next page confirms that your EKM online shop is now linked to your eBay Shop account. Click Continue:
8. You’ll then be presented with three options. This is the standard view of the feature when it is active. Click Settings:
9. You’ll now see two different sets of Settings that you can edit. It’s a good idea to organise your settings now before you import or export any Products. You can also see the button you need to cancel the link between your eBay Shop and your EKM online shop.
Configuring your Settings
When configuring the Settings within the eBay feature, it is essential that you complete the fields provided as much as possible to prevent the possibility of errors messages occurring later on in the import and export processes.
1. Click Import Settings:
2. This will reveal all of the settings available to you in regards to importing Products into your eBay shop:
Import from eBay Site:
- This must correspond with the eBay Shop that you have connected to the feature. If you have more than one eBay Shop and they’re for different countries, you’ll need to manually link each shop, adjust the Import Settings accordingly, carry out the Import, break the link between your eBay Shop and EKM online shop, and repeat this process until all of your Products had been imported.
- This drop-down menu allows you to select what formatting is imported from eBay. We recommend that you set this to one of the ‘Remove’ options (dependent on what custom code is currently used on your eBay Shop listings), which will ensure no unwanted code, HTML and text formatting is imported. You can read more about this by clicking here.
- Choose from Plain Text or Leave Blank. If you have not installed the Short Description feature, select Leave Blank. However, if you would like Short Descriptions on your Products, install the Feature on the Features page before the import. Bear in mind too that not all Themes allow Short Descriptions by default. If this is the case, contact our Customer Support Team who will be able to amend this for you.
Short Description Character Limit:
- Take a look at your existing Product Listings and ensure that the default figure of 250 characters will cover the Short Description length.
How should EKM deal with eBay’s Categories?
- Here you can choose whether your Imported Products will be sorted into Categories named after the existing Categories on your eBay shop, whether you want the system to identify which Categories Products should go into according to their Classification (you do need to install and set up the Classifications feature before the import), or whether you’d like to receive a prompt as each Product is imported for you to choose which Category it is stored in.
How should EKM deal with identically named items:
- Select whether you would like the item duplicating or whether you would like it skipped if it already exists on your EKM online shop.
Should imported products and any new categories be hidden by default?
- We recommend that you select ‘Yes’ for this, which will allow you to check all of the Product Pages to ensure that no rogue code or unwanted content has been imported into your EKM online shop. You can read more about this by clicking here.
- If it’s more expensive to shop on your EKM online shop, you need to add a percentage in this field. If not, just select ‘0’ for all prices to remain the same.
3. When you have finished on this page, be sure to click the green update button on the bottom right:
1. Click Export Settings:
2. This will reveal all of the settings available to you in regards to exporting Products from your eBay shop. Before you begin, it’s essential that your Products have been Classified- click here to see the guide.
Submit to eBay site:
- This is usually set to ‘UK’, however if you have a number of different eBay Shops in different countries, you’ll need to select the country of the Shop Account you want to export your Products to.
- Here, you need to select either ‘Skip Submission’ or ‘Trim your Titles’ on Products where the Product Name is over 80 characters long.
- You need to select whether to use the Short Description of your Product or the Standard Description. We recommend the Standard Description as that will be the version with the most information about the item.
Additional Text to add to Description:
- If you have any additional text to add to the Product Description, which will be universal across all of your exported Products, you need to add it into this field.
- Now you need to select what kind of auction your exported Products will be listed as; Fixed Price, Chinese or Stores’ Fixed Price.
Buy It Now:
- Tick this box if you have selected Chinese as your Auction Type and you wish to allow people to purchase your Products at a Buy It Now Price.
Buy It Now Price:
- In this field you can either add a percentage or a number - if you select a number, it will add that amount of whole pounds to the standard price of each item.
- If you’ve selected Chinese as your Auction Type, you need to use this field to select how many days you would like the auction to run for.
- Here you need to tick the boxes for any listing enhancements you’d like to add to your Listings. Bear in mind some of these are chargeable and will be charged to your eBay account.
Payment Methods Accepted:
- Tick the boxes for the payment methods that you accept in your eBay shop.
Paypal Email Address:
- Add your Paypal email address into the field provided so eBay customers can pay for their products using eBay.
Requiring Immediate Payment (Auto Pay):
- You can only tick this box if you selected Fixed Price or Buy It Now further up the page.
- This is so eBay customers are aware of where you’re based and where their Products will be shipped from.
- Click the ‘Add Service to List’ button to add the details of the delivery methods you use on your eBay Shop.
Use Tax Settings:
- Select whether you need to use Tax using the drop-down menu. Don’t forget you need to consider what country your eBay Shop is in when selecting!
- If you want to increase the price of your Products when they are exported to eBay, you need to add the percentage in the field provided.
- This figure will depend on how many of the items you have in stock currently.
Maximum Dispatch Time:
- This will correspond with what kind of delivery methods you use on your eBay Shop.
- If you accept Returns, you need to indicate it here.
- In this field, you need to add your Returns Policy information for your eBay Store.
- You need to detail what customers receive in terms of a refund using the drop-down menu.
- Select using the drop-down menu within how many days a customer has to return an item.
3. When you have finished adding your details, click the green Update button.
- Importing from eBay
- Exporting to eBay
- eBay vs e-commerce
- Features - Product Attributes
- Enable Product Brand
- Custom Attributes & Product Filters
- Features - Classifications
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]