[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have successfully exported your Products from your EKM online shop onto your eBay Shop. Before you begin, you need to ensure that you have installed the eBay Integration feature and configured your Export Settings correctly. [/intro]
Before you Export your Products to eBay, you need to ensure that none of the Products that you want to export have Variants, and all of the Products have the Brand Attribute, and the Custom Attributes EAN and MPN have been completed. If you do not have EAN and MPN numbers for your Products, simply add ‘does not apply’ in the fields provided.
You also need to ensure that you have installed the Classifications feature and classified the Products you would like to export - this ensures that eBay can recognise the classifications and list the Products correctly when they've been exported.
[remember] Before you export any Products from your EKM online shop to your eBay Shop, you CANNOT export Products with Variants to eBay. This is because how Variants are added onto Products on the eBay platform differs to how they are built on the EKM platform. With this in mind, you need to delete the Variants and recreate them as individual Products in their own right. [/remember]
1. To export Products to eBay, open the eBay Integration feature and click Export to eBay:
[warning] If you see this error:
2. On the Export page, you’ll then see a list of the Products on your EKM online shop, with a drop-down menu to the top left, allowing you to select different Categories. Using the drop-down, select the Categories you would like to export and tick the box for each Product in the Category you’d like to Export:
3. If you want to Export all of the Products within your Chosen Category, tick the box on the top right - next to the Price Header - and this will automatically tick the boxes for all of the Products.
When you have selected your Products, click the green Next button in the bottom right-hand corner:
4. You’ll then be asked if you would like to proof each Product before it is submitted to eBay. We recommend you click yes, to give the listing a quick glance over and check that everything is correct:
5. You’ll then see an enlarged version of your Product Listing:
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the green Submit button:
[warning] If you then see this notification:
The Warning messages are guidelines. Go back to your Export Settings and ensure that you have completed the Description field detailing your Returns policy and the Return Within X Days drop-down menu.
The Error is an issue which needs addressing. You are seeing this because you have not added the Custom Attributes EAN and MPN to the Product. If your Product does not have an EAN or MPN number, simply enter ‘does not apply’ like this:
To add the Custom Attributes EAN and MPN to your Products, you need to install the Product Attributes feature and then use this guide to create your Custom Attributes. You will also need to make sure that these Custom Attributes are marked as ‘visible’ so eBay can ‘see’ them, like this:
When this has been done, you should be able to export your Products to eBay without issue. [/warning]
[remember] You CANNOT export Products with Variants to eBay. This is because how Variants are added onto Products on the eBay platform differs to how they are built on the EKM platform. With this in mind, you need to delete the Variants and recreate them as individual Products in their own right, before exporting them to eBay. [/remember]
7. When your Product has been submitted to eBay, you will see this notification:
Common Error Messages
If you see the message Token Expired, this means the link between your EKM online shop and your eBay Shop has expired. All you need to do is open the eBay Integration feature and click Settings:
Then you need to click Cancel Link To eBay:
This will break the link and allow you to recreate it again by re-adding your eBay login details when prompted. You will then be able to use the eBay Integration feature as normal.
BrandMPN is invalid or missing
If you see this error, check that the Brand Attribute has been added to the Product, and the Custom Attributes MPN and EAN have been added too. Also, ensure that the Product that you’re trying to export has no Variants.
- Importing from eBay
- eBay vs e-commerce
- eBay Integration
- Features - Product Attributes
- Enable Product Brand
- Custom Attributes & Product Filters
- Features - Classifications
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]