[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will have installed and configured the Email Newsletter Modal on your EKM online shop. Before you begin this guide, you need to ensure that you have installed the Email Marketing feature on the Features page and set up your EKM Response account, creating a Contacts Group for customers who have signed up via your EKM online shop.
The Email Newsletter Modal is fantastic for encouraging customers to sign up for your email marketing campaigns when they visit your EKM online shop. This in itself can increase sales, especially if you run regular promotions and discounts and advertise these in your email marketing campaigns.
1. To edit the Email Newsletter Modal, you need to open the Email Marketing feature on the Features page:
2. You’ll then need to tick the box to Enable Popup:
[caution] Make sure you have set up a Contacts Group in your EKM Response account so that any customers who sign up via the form on your shop are automatically added to that group, otherwise your pop-up modal will not work properly. [/caution]
3. This will reveal the options you’ll need to configure the Email Newsletter Modal:
Popup Display allows you to select when the Modal is displayed; You can select between Leaving Shop and After Delay. Leaving Shop is recommended because this prevents the Modal getting in a customer’s way when they’re trying to view content.
[caution] Please bear in mind that if you have set the modal to appear when customers are leaving your EKM online shop, on a mobile device the modal will display after ten seconds regardless of this setting. This is because mobile devices do not have a cursor, which is used to trigger the modal displaying on a desktop or laptop computer. [/caution]
4. Click the Edit button to edit the Popup Message:
5. This will open the Popup Message window, where you can edit the Header and the content of the Modal. When you have finished making your changes, simply click the Save & Close button:
6. Allow up to 10 minutes for your shop to update and then using an incognito browser tab, visit the front end (via the domain name) to see your pop-up. If you have set it to display when the customer leaves the shop, click in the address bar at the top of your browser to trigger the pop-up modal.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]