[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have installed the Product Summary in Categories feature and manually added a Short Description to a Category.[/intro]
- Installing the Feature
- Manually adding a Short Description
- Adding Short Descriptions using the Import/Export System
Installing this feature allow you to add a small summary of your Product which displays beneath the Product Name when the Product is viewed from a Category Page. These summaries are known as ‘short descriptions’, and when applied and well-written, can encourage customers to click on the Product Page.
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard, click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, click the icon:
3. Click the green Install Feature button:
4. You’ll then see this page, which indicates that the feature has been installed on your EKM online shop:
Manually adding a Short Description
5. Click the Shop tab:
6. Ensure that your Edit Content button is switched on:
7. Navigate your way to a Product and click the Edit Content Button, before selecting Edit and opening the Edit Product window:
8. In the Edit Product window, tick the box to Enable Short Description:
9. This will reveal the Short Description field. Add a summary of your Product here, before clicking the Save & Close button:
[tips] A good Short Description is concise, descriptive and minimal. Don't use all CAPITAL LETTERS and double check your spelling, grammar and punctuation to ensure that your Short Description appeals to your customers and encourages them to click onto your Product Pages.[/tips]
10. Allow your shop to update and then view the Product on its Category Page to see the Short Description displayed underneath the Product Name:
Adding Short Descriptions using the Import/Export System
When you have installed the Product Summary in Categories feature and manually added a Short Description to one of your Products using the instructions above, you can use the Import/Export System and spreadsheets to add Short Descriptions to the rest of your Products.
You’ll notice as you export your Products to a file that Short Descriptions are now listed as an exportable field:
When you have exported your spreadsheet, you can add summaries for your Products on the ‘Product Row’ (not need to add anything for the Variant rows) in the ShortDescription column. Don’t forget to amend the A column to read ‘Edit Product’ for every Product that you have added a Short Description to, before saving your spreadsheet and uploading it onto your EKM online shop.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]