[intro] In this Guide, you’ll learn about all the Settings you need to configure before you begin to create your first email newsletter. Before you begin, you need to ensure that not only does your EKM online shop have a domain, but that you’ve set up an emails address on that domain so customers have a professional contact email for them to contact you if need be. [/intro]
Before you begin to create your first email newsletter, it’s essential that you configure your Settings first. This ensures that the correct details are displayed on your email and that when your customers subscribe to your newsletter, the confirmation they receive is configured correctly.
1. To begin, from the EKM Response Dashboard, click the Settings tab:
This page will load with Your Details by default. The email address is not used to send email newsletters - the rest of the fields should be completed with contact details for your EKM online shop, which can be set to display in the footer of your email newsletter:
2. Click Email Footer on the left-hand side:
3. This will reveal a list of checkboxes:
The Company Name is always set to display by default, but the rest of the boxes are optional. If your EKM online shop trades purely online, then it’s recommended that you tick the box to Display Telephone Number, so customers have a point of contact in case there are any issues.
However, if you have a physical shop as well as your EKM online shop, click all of the boxes to ensure that the address of the shop premises are displayed.
4. When you have finished ticking the boxes, click the green Save button on the bottom right of the page.
Custom Email Address
5. Click Custom Email Address:
6. On this page, you can amend the address that the email newsletter is sent from, and the email address that customers can reply to:
Outgoing Email Address
7. The Outgoing Email Address by default is set as your EKM Response username:
8. You need to amend this to be something more applicable for your EKM online shop, like this:
9. The Campaign Defaults are the ‘From’ name and the ‘Reply-To’ address. You need to amend these so that the name and email address are applicable to your EKM online shop:
[remember] The Default Reply-To Address needs to be an actual email address you have set up on your shop domain, such as 'email@example.com'. If your shop domain is hosted by EKM Domains, click here for a Guide which explains how to set up a domain email address. However, if your domain is hosted elsewhere, you need to contact your domain provider to set up an email address on that domain that your customers can use to contact you.
Under no circumstances should you add a free personal email address into that field, such as @btinternet, @gmail, @yahoo, @aol, etc - as doing so not only looks unprofessional, but it can seriously impact your newsletter as it may be marked as spam by email providers. [/remember]
10. When you have finished making changes, click the green Save button on the bottom right:
Signup Confirmation Email
11. Click Signup Confirmation Email:
12. This is the page where you can edit the different aspects of the Confirmation Email, which a customer will receive when they initially subscribe to your newsletter:
13. You need to complete the ‘Friendly From’ field with your EKM online shop name, and amend the ‘Email Content’ field to include details of what the customer needs to do to complete their subscription. It’s also useful to add a little text reminding them of what’s in your newsletters to encourage them to complete the subscription process. When you are complete, click the green Save button:
Now you have configured your Settings, your next step would be to create some Contact Groups, which you can do within this Guide.
- Features - Email Marketing/EKM Response
- Managing your Contacts
- Uploading new Contacts using a Spreadsheet
- Creating a Campaign
- Sending your Email Campaign
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]