[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will have installed and configured the Holiday Mode feature on your EKM online shop.[/intro]
If you are due to go away for a week or two to a place where the sun shines brighter, then it’s a good idea to install the Holiday Mode feature before you go. This allows you to display a notice on the Shopping Cart page informing your customers that you’re away, and you can choose whether or not you want to continue accepting orders whilst you’re away too! Bear in mind it’s best practice to accept orders if you’re away, as not taking orders for a period of time can put off potential new customers to your EKM online shop.
Installing the Feature
1. From the Dashboard page, click the Features tab:
2. On the Features page, click the Holiday Mode icon:
3. Scroll down and click the green Install Feature button to the bottom right-hand side:
Configuring Holiday Mode
4. Ticket the box to enable Holiday Mode:
5. This will reveal all of the options you need to configure:
Enable Holiday Mode = This needs to be ticked to turn the feature on.
Allow Orders = If this box is ticked, it will still be possible for customers to place orders whilst you are away.
Banner Message Text = The text in this field is visible on the Shopping Cart page:
6. When you have configured the Holiday Mode settings, you need to click the green Save button to the bottom right-hand side:
- Features - Password Protect
- Holiday Settings on the Order Summary Page
- How to add a Custom Message on the Cart Page
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]