[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will know how to add Size Variants onto your Products, both manually within the Add/Edit Product window and using spreadsheets and the Import/Export System feature.[/intro]
Using Size Variants on your EKM online shop is a good way to let your customers know at a glance the size range that you offer of a particular Product and it's Variants. You can add Size Variants manually using the Add/Edit Product window and using spreadsheets and the Import/Export System feature.
Manually adding Size Variants
1. From the Dashboard, click the Shop tab:
2. Ensure that the Edit Content button is turned on, then click Add Product:
3. In the Add Product window, give your Product a Name, Description and Price before clicking the green Save button:
4. You then need to click the Variants tab:
5. Click Add Variant:
6. Click the Create Variant button for ‘Size’:
7. Give the Variant a name and click the green Add button:
8. You now need to add the names of the Sizes into individual rows, clicking the green Add button to add each one. When you are complete, click the green Update button:
9. You’ll then see all of the Size Variants displayed like this:
10. You’ll be able to click the Edit button next to each to add Attributes to each Variant as normal.
On the Product Page, the customers will be able to see at a glance what sizes of that specific Product are available:
[remember] You can also add Colours to your Products as well as sizes. Click here to read the Guide for adding Colours.[/remember]
Adding Size Variants using Spreadsheets
To add new Products to your EKM online shop with Size Variants, you first need to install the Import/Export System feature before creating a new spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel, LibreOffice, Google Sheets or similar.
When you open your new spreadsheet, you need to ensure that the headings within the example images are copied exactly and that the information about your new Product is laid out in exactly the same format.
You also need to ensure that the Product Images for each of the Products you want to add to your spreadsheet have been uploaded into the Product & Category Images area of the File Manager on your EKM online shop. This is so you can assign the correct Product Images to the right Products on the spreadsheet.
[remember]The ideal size for images on the EKM platform is 1024 x 1024 pixels square. You can have images as small as 500 x 500 pixels square up to a maximum of 2000 x 2000 pixels square. However, 1024 pixels square gives optimum results. You can read more about Product Images by clicking here. [/remember]
1. To begin, you need to add the headers (in row 1) to your own spreadsheet as shown below:
2. You’ll then notice I have highlighted row 2 of the spreadsheet. This is because this is the ‘Add Product’ row, and some of the data that needs to be added to the spreadsheet only goes in this row - the ‘Add Product Variant’ rows are left blank.
You then need to add an ‘Add Product Variant’ row for each different size that the Product is available in. On my spreadsheet, the t-shirt is available in five sizes, so I have five ‘Add Product Variant’ rows beneath the ‘Add Product’ row.
The ‘CategoryPath’ column of the spreadsheet determines where the new Product ‘lives’ on your EKM online shop. ‘Home’ is the homepage and to add the Product to a different Category, you need to separate the Home and the name of your Category by a ‘>’ like this:
Home > T-Shirts
If the Category does not already exist on your EKM online shop, the system will create it as a new Category when you upload your spreadsheet.
Follow the layout as displayed in the image above, adding in your Description and Price. You can also add the Brand and RRP too, but you will need to ensure that you have installed the Product Attributes feature on your EKM online shop to make full use of these Attributes.
3. For the next part of the spreadsheet you need to add the addresses of the Product Images you would like to use from your File Manager:
4. You will need to add an image address for the ‘Add Product’ row, and the ‘Add Product Variant’ rows too. You can copy the image address by clicking the image once to display it in a larger window, and then by right-clicking the image and selecting ‘Copy Image Address’:
5. You can then paste the image address into the correct row of your spreadsheet. When you do, it will probably look like this:
You don’t use the full address and should instead shorten it, like this:
This can then be copied and pasted into different rows on your spreadsheet.
6. Scrolling further to the right on your spreadsheet, if you have installed the Custom Meta Data feature on your EKM online shop, you can add in a ‘MetaTitle’, ‘MetaDescription’ and ‘MetaKeywords’ into the ‘Add Product’ row. However, if you do not have this information, simply leave these rows blank:
7. In the ’Stock’ column, you need to add the number of units of each size that are available to you, and assign a ‘Weight’ in kilos, as this will allow you to create a Weight-Based Delivery Method. 1 kilo is written as ‘1’ and 25 grams is written as 0.025’.
The ‘Tax RateID’ column refers to the Tax page of your EKM online shop. Read more about it by clicking here. ‘SpecialOffer’ is only populated for the ‘Add Product’ row, and if ‘Yes’, this means the Product will be displayed on the homepage as a Featured Product.
‘OrderLocation’ relates to where the Product is displayed on the Category page it is assigned to. Leave it set as ‘99999’ on the ‘Add Product’ row of the ‘OrderLocation’ column which will allow you to use the ‘Move’ button on your shop to select the best possible place for the Product.
8. The final part of the spreadsheet needs to look like this:
‘OrderNote’ for the ‘Add Product’ row needs to be populated if the Product requires special instructions, such as ‘this item is delivered on a pallet’ - otherwise, leave this field blank.
‘Image1Address’, ‘Image2Address’, ‘Image3Address’, ‘Image4Address’, ‘Image5Address’ and ‘WebAddress’ all need to be left as this information is populated after the Product has been uploaded to your EKM online shop.
‘CanBeAddedToCart’ is ‘TRUE’ to ensure that when the Product is displayed on your EKM online shop, it has a visible ‘Add To Cart’ button. The ‘PromoStickers’ column can be left blank if you have not yet installed the Promo Stickers feature - you can read more about that by clicking here.
To add Size Variants to display in the same way as how they displayed in the ‘Manually Adding Size Variants’ example at the start of this Guide, copy the data in the ‘VariantNames’, ‘VariantTypes’, ‘VariantItem1’ and ‘VariantItem1Data’ columns, adding only to the ‘Add Product Variant’ rows.
When you have completed that final step, you need to save your spreadsheet so you can then upload it to your EKM online shop by using this Guide.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]