[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have enabled the Stock Control functionality on your EKM online shop and configured the settings to ensure that your shop remains stocked with Products. [/intro]
[remember] You can operate your EKM online shop with Stock Control turned off, but this would translate on the system as all of your Products having infinite stock levels. Whilst this is not an issue for many shops where drop shipping and digital products make up the product range, this is not recommended for shop owners where products can and will go out of stock on a regular basis. [/remember]
Locating the Stock Control Settings
1. From the Dashboard, click the Settings tab:
2. Click Stock Control on the left-hand side:
3. This will display the page where you turn the Stock Control functionality on, by ticking the box:
[caution] By turning on the Stock Control functionality, you will need to add values for each of your Products so that the system knows how many units you have in Stock. This can be added in the Advanced Inventory Manager feature or by using spreadsheets and the Import/Export System. Whichever method you use, be sure to complete this task as otherwise, the system will presume you have no Products in stock by default. [/caution]
Configuring the Settings
4. Ticking the box will reveal the Stock Control Settings:
Out of Stock Products
- You need to select your option from the drop-down menu so your EKM online shop knows what to do when a customer tries to purchase a Product that is out of stock.
Out of Stock Message
- You can reword the text within this field to something more suited to your Products and company ethos, but try and keep it as brief as possible, as the message length could negatively impact your Theme. Don’t forget to double check it for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
Default Variant Action
- If you sell any Products with Variants, such as different colours and sizes, you need to select the most applicable option from the drop-down menu so your EKM online shop knows which variant to display when the default is sold out.
Stock Warning Level
- The settings on this drop-down menu depend on what kind of Products you are selling on your EKM online shop. If it can take a few weeks for your Products to arrive from your supplier and your Products are very popular, you may want to set this drop-down menu to a high number, which means you’ll receive a low stock email notification with enough time to spare to order more Products and replenish your stock.
[remember] If you have a lot of out of stock Products on your EKM online shop, this can be a bad experience for your customers, especially if more than one Product that they want is out of stock. Take into account how often you can resupply your EKM online shop with Products as you are editing these settings. [/remember]
Enable Back In Stock Alerts
5. Tick the checkbox:
6. This will display a field on the Product page of any out of stock Products where customers can enter their email address to receive a notification when that particular item is back in stock. On the Product page, it looks like this:
7. When the customer has added their email address and clicked the Submit button, they will see a short message:
8. When the email arrives with the customer, the default version looks like this:
9. When you have finished amending the Stock Control Settings, click the green Save button:
Configuring your Back In Stock Email
10. To edit the content of the email which customers will receive automatically when a Product has been replenished, you need to click Outgoing Emails:
11. Then click Edit:
12. You’ll now see the Edit Customer Template window:
If you choose to edit the text within it, ensure that you do not delete the EKM Tag images, as this will remove the EKM Tags which are responsible for displaying the link to the Product, the Product name and EKM online shop contact details.
13. When you have completed your edit, simply click the Save Changes button:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]