[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you will know how to create screen shots which can be used to capture information on not just your EKM online shop, but on other websites too.[/intro]
When you own an EKM online shop, it's important that you know how to take screen shots. This is for a variety of reasons; you can capture content on your EKM online shop and submit them to our Customer Support Team for resolution and advice, screen shot emails and a whole host of other content, just like you can on a mobile phone or tablet device.
1. Locate the Search bar for Windows. This is usually on the bottom left of your screen depending on what version of Windows you are using, and your own personal settings:
2. In the Search Bar, type Snipping Tool:
3. It’s a good idea to right-click the Snipping Tool icon and select ‘Pin To Taskbar’, as this is a really useful tool and you may find yourself using it regularly.
4. By adding it to your Taskbar, you can easily access it by clicking the icon:
5. Click the Icon - either on your Taskbar or in the Search results, and you will see the Snipping Tool open and ready to use. Click the New button:
6. This will grey out your page, letting you know that you are ready to make your snip. Using your mouse, drag a shape around the area you want to snip. When you take your finger off the mouse, you will then be able to save your snip:
You can also screen shot your entire screen, or just portions of it too. You can find the instructions for screenshotting on a Mac by clicking here.
[caution] Please do not paste screen shots into Word documents for the Customer Support Team. Although the Word documents can be opened, it is not possible to zoom in on the image to see small details such as Product Codes and Order Numbers, which is sometimes necessary to investigate the problem. This is why we recommend attaching screenshots to tickets which allow us to quickly resolve the issue. [/caution]
- Hyperlinking Text & Images
- Using Incognito/In-private Browsing
- Caching on your EKM online shop
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]