[intro] Before you begin this Guide, you should read this one first. When you have completed this Guide, you will have successfully configured the second of the Checkout Steps in the Checkout Flow of your EKM online shop. [/intro]
1. Hover over this step and click Edit Settings:
2. This will take you to the page where you can edit what fields are visible on the second page of the Checkout Flow:
3. At the top of the page is a tick box which we recommend is checked to allow customers to have different Billing and Delivery addresses, thus providing a good customer experience on the Checkout:
4. Below this, you’ll see two elements - one listing all of the fields available for Delivery Details and beneath that, all of the available fields listed for Billing Details. Each field has a drop-down where you can select from:
- Required - This field is mandatory and must be completed;
- Optional - This field is optional;
- Hidden - This field will not be visible at all on the Checkout Flow.
The best way to configure these is to ensure that exactly the same fields for Delivery and Billing match. If both sets of fields don’t match, then on customer’s view of the Checkout Flow they will see both sets of fields by default, which isn’t ideal as it increases the length of the page and gives the customer a lot of different fields to complete.
However, if both sets of fields do match, on the Checkout Flow the customer will see a ‘Billing Address Same as Delivery Address’ checkbox:
5. If the box remains ticked, they will see just the Delivery Address fields, however, if they untick the box they will see the Billing Address fields, which is a far nicer customer experience as both sets of fields will only be revealed to the customers who require a separate address.
[remember] If a VAT registered shop makes a business to business transaction to another country within the EU (different to the shops’ own country), the buyer should be able to enter their own VAT number to be validated and if it passes, have VAT automatically removed from the order.
For the customer checking out to be able to enter a VAT number, the country must be set to an EU country different to the shop's country and the Company field must be set as ‘Required’.
The VAT numbers are validated against the EU VAT number validation service. You’ll see this validation indicated on the Order Notes for the order, so you’ll be able to check that a valid VAT number has been used for the address supplied.[/remember]
6. When you have finished configuring the different fields on this page, you simply need to click the green Save button on the bottom right-hand side of the page:
[tips] Whilst you are configuring these fields, it’s a good idea to open an Incognito/In-private browser to visit your EKM online shop as if you were a customer, before adding some items to the Cart and entering the Checkout Flow to check you have set the fields up correctly. [/tips]
Now you have configured these settings, click here to move onto configuring the next Checkout Step.
- Settings - Checkout
- Checkout Steps - Customer Login
- Checkout Steps - Order Summary
- Checkout Steps - Payment Gateway
- Checkout Steps - Order Complete
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends.[/contact]