[intro]When you have completed this Guide, you'll understand how to find the default domain name on your EKM online shop which will enable you to view the front end of your shop whilst you are still designing and populating it. [/intro]
Technically, the moment you open your EKM online shop account, it is live on the internet and publicly accessible. This allows you to look at your shop whilst you are editing it. When you first open your account, it has a default domain name.
1. You can view your shop via the front end - as a customer would see it - by using the default domain name. From the Dashboard, click the Settings tab:
2. On the Settings page, you need to click Domain Name on the left-hand side:
3. On the Domain Name page, you’ll see which domain names are currently pointed at your EKM online shop. If your shop is brand new and you have not pointed a domain to it yet, then you’ll see just the one domain name, and that is the default version. Click it and this will open a separate tab on your browser, which will display the front end of your EKM online shop:
In my example, the default domain name is: ffcfab.42.ekmpowershop.net. This is made up of:
- My Account ID: ffcfab
- The server that my EKM online shop is on: 42
- The platform that is hosting my shop: ekmpowershop.net
When you have pointed a domain name at your EKM online shop by setting the A Records on the domain, the default domain name will no longer be visible.
If you want to keep your EKM online shop completely hidden from public view whilst you are building it, simply install the Password Protect feature to hide everything behind a password wall.
- Claiming your free EKM domain name
- Pointing your GoDaddy Domain at your EKM online shop
- Pointing your 1and1 Domain at your EKM online shop
- Pointing your 123 Reg Domain Name at your EKM online shop
- Transferring your 123 Reg domain to EKM Domains
- Transferring your domain name from 1and1 to EKM Domains
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]