[intro] When you have completed this guide, you will be able to offer digital Products to your EKM online shop customers. Before you begin, you need to contact our Customer Support Team who will create an account for you and connect it to your EKM online shop account. [/intro]
- Uploading your files
- Connecting your Digital Products to your EKM online shop
- Editing the Outgoing Email
- Editing the Payment Methods
- Authorising Downloads
Digital Vault is an additional platform you can add to your existing EKM online shop which allows customers to purchase downloadable products. When a customer has completed their order, they are automatically sent an email with details of how to download their product from EKM Digital Vault.
The cost of this service is £9.99 (+VAT) per month, which provides 2gb of space. This can further be doubled if need be for an additional £9.99 (+VAT) per month. The ideal file size for Products on Digital Vault should not exceed 100mb; an average 4-minute audio file is around 6mb which should give you a guideline of the platform's potential.
Uploading your files
When your EKM Digital Vault account has been created, you need to create a Product on your EKM online shop to represent each digital product you wish to sell. Please note that every product must have a product code assigned to it. If you have not yet created any Products on your EKM online shop, click here for the Guide.
When you have created Products (with Product Codes) on your EKM online shop, you need to log into your Digital Vault account with the details supplied to you by our Customer Support Team.
1. To begin uploading your files, click Files on the top left:
2. Then click Upload Files:
3. Click Choose Files to select a digital file from your computer:
4. When the file has uploaded, you’ll see the title listed. Click the yellow Upload button:
5. When the file has been uploaded, you should see this notification:
6. Repeat this process until you have uploaded all of your digital Products.
Connecting your digital Products to your EKM online shop
7. Click Files List on the top left:
8. Click the name of your file:
9. Click the 'List Products on your Shop' button:
10. In the new window that opens up, select the correct Category from the drop-down menu:
11. When you have located the Product on your shop you want to attach the downloadable file to, click the Add button:
12. If you have a lot of digital Products, it’s useful to sort them into a Category to make them easier to find later on. Complete the Category field and then click Update:
13. Repeat this process for all of your digital Products, until each one has been connected to a Product on your EKM online shop, by clicking Upload Files. You can see all uploaded files by clicking Files List:
Editing the Outgoing Email
14. You will also need to edit the email template which is sent to the customer. Click Options:
15. Amend the text in the Subject field and in the body, but do not remove any of the tags within [square brackets] as these are essential for customers to download their products. You will need to add in the [ekm:password] tag:
16. When you have amended the text to suit your brand, click the Update button:
Editing the Payment Methods
17. Click the minus symbol on the Email Template header, and then click the plus symbol on the Payment Methods header:
18. This will reveal a list of different Payment Methods which you have installed on your EKM online shop:
19. You can check the box next to a payment method that you have installed to ensure that you will receive a notification when a customer has purchased a digital Product that authorisation must be granted. This is useful in case of offline Payment Gateways, such as Bank Transfer or Telephone, where customers can complete the order but the onus is on them to complete the transaction. When you have ticked the relevant boxes - if any - click the Update button:
If you’re using offline Payment Gateways on your EKM online shop, you will need to monitor when customers who have used these payment methods have paid you before logging into your Digital Vault account and authorising their downloads.
20. To do this, click the Users tab on the left-hand side:
21. This will reveal a list of customers who have downloaded your Products. Click the email address of any with the ‘Pending Authorization’ status indicated:
22. If you are sure that the customer has paid for their download, click the Send Email button:
23. The customer will then receive an email. They simply need to click the link within the email and enter the password to receive their download:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]