[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have converted your Instagram Profile into a Business Account and added Product Tagging to your existing Instagram posts.
Product Tagging is a relatively new feature on Instagram, which allows you to upload product images and tag these with a link which allows customers to purchase.
[remember] Before you begin, you need to ensure that you have opened up both an Instagram Account and a Facebook Page for your EKM online shop, and these are fully completed in terms of contact details, quality logos and branding which matches that of your EKM online shop. You must also ensure that your Facebook Page has a Shop tab and that you have added your Products to the Shop tab using the instructions found in this Guide. [/remember]
To be approved for Instagram Shopping, you must ensure that:
- Your business sells physical goods that comply with Instagram’s Commerce Policies and Merchant Agreement;
- Your business must be located in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain or Brazil;
- Your Instagram Business Profile must have been connected to a Facebook catalogue. This can be created and Managed on Business Manager or through your business Page on Facebook.
Converting to a Business Profile
1. Open the Instagram app on your phone and click your profile image in the bottom right-hand corner:
2. Then click the hamburger menu:
3. Click the Settings symbol:
4. Click Switch to Business Account:
5. Click Continue:
6. Click Continue:
7. Click Continue:
8. Click Continue:
9. You’ll then be asked to connect your Facebook Page to your Instagram account. Click the circle next to the most appropriate page and then click next:
10. You’ll then be asked to confirm your email address. Click Next:
11. You’ll then be returned to your Instagram profile:
[remember]Once you have converted your Instagram from a Personal to a Business account, you need to wait for your account to be reviewed. This process usually takes a few days, but if Instagram needs more detail from you, this process can take longer.
If your account is approved, you’ll then receive a notification from Instagram and be able to turn on Product Tagging within your Instagram Settings.[/remember]
Tagging your Products
1. As soon as your account has been approved to add Instagram Shopping, you’ll get a notification on the Instagram app. Open the Instagram app, and click the Menu:
2. Then you need to click the Settings symbol:
3. Scroll down the different options, and you’ll notice you can now see ‘Shopping’ listed beneath ‘Business Settings’. Click Shopping:
4. Click Continue:
5. You’ll then see that you need to check the box for the Product Catalogue from your Facebook Page. Check the box and then click the tick symbol in the top left-hand corner:
6. This will return you to the Settings page. Click the Home symbol:
7. Your next step is to tag your Products within your existing Instagram posts. Remember, you cannot tag a person and a Product in the same image - you can only tag one! Look for one of your existing images where a person is not tagged within it, and click the three dots on the top left-hand corner:
8. Click Edit:
9. Tap Tag:
10. In the window that appears, click ‘Tag Products’:
11. The window will then disappear for you to tap the Product within the image:
12. This will then launch a list of the Products on your Facebook Page. Tap the appropriate Product:
13. You will then see the Instagram Shopping tag appear on your image. Click the tick in the top right-hand corner:
14. Click the tick again:
15. You’ll then see the Shopping Bag symbol displayed on your image, indicated that there’s a Product tagged in it:
16. Repeat this process with the rest of your existing Instagram posts. For every image that had a Product tagged within it, you’ll see the Shopping Bag symbol displayed:
17. Going forward, as you add more images to your Instagram account, simply follow the same process to tag your Products within each post.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]