[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have installed Doofinder on your EKM online shop, which provides advanced search engine capabilities. [/intro]
Doofinder is a third-party platform which allows you to add an advanced search engine onto your EKM online shop, so customers can search directly from the homepage without being navigated elsewhere. This allows your customers to locate what they are searching a lot faster, providing a better customer experience. You can also add predefined results for search terms, custom filters and manage your own search algorithm.
There are lots of features that are worth investigating on Doofinder, and you can begin with a free account to see whether the platform suits the needs of yourself and your customers. In this Guide, you’ll be setting up a free trial, but you can upgrade your account with Doofinder at any time - there’s a range of different tiers to choose from allowing you to select the best version of the platform for your EKM online shop.
Before you begin, you need to ensure that you have added the Google Tools feature to your EKM online shop.
Opening your Account
1. Click here, and then click ‘Free Trial’ button in the top right-hand corner:
2. Add in your email address and a password, tick the terms & conditions box and then click the blue button:
[tips] For added security, your passwords should always be a minimum of eight characters. These should combine lower and upper-case letters, numbers and it’s always good to use a symbol too, such as $, % or &. [/tips]
3. Add your EKM online shop name and your domain name into the fields provided and then click the blue button:
4. You’ll then need to use the drop-down menu to select ‘Other e-commerce’ from the list provided:
5. This will reveal the fields where you can set your language and your currency. Check these are correct before clicking the blue button:
6. On a separate tab, log into your EKM online shop and click the Features tab:
7. Click the Google Tools feature:
8. Scroll to the bottom of the feature and click the Copy button to copy the Product Feed URL:
9. Return to the browser tab displaying Doofinder and paste the URL in the field provided, before clicking the ‘Process URL’ button:
10. You’ll then see this page. Click the green button:
Installing Doofinder on your EKM online shop
11. This will then display a preview of your EKM online shop home page. Click the green ‘Continue’ button:
12. You’ll then need to select to select your Layer Type. For this Guide, I’ve chosen ‘Classic’ from the drop-down menu. Now click the blue button:
13. You then need to click on the search bar on the preview of your EKM online shop to populate the search box field. When the field is populated, click the green ‘Save’ button:
14. The next page will display the code you need to add you your EKM online shop. Copy the code from the box provided:
15. Return to the browser tab displaying your EKM online shop and click the Design tab:
16. Click the Edit button next to Theme and select ‘Inject Custom Code’ from the drop-down menu:
17. Scroll down to the HTML Head Code field and paste your code below any existing code in that field (if there is any), before clicking the green Save button on the bottom right-hand side:
18. You’ll now be able to see Doofinder in action on your EKM online shop:
Now you have added the free version of Doofinder to your EKM online shop, it is worth learning more about the platform. Click here to visit the Doofinder Support Centre - it’s also worth mentioning too that on the Support Centre you can chat with their staff, who will be able to answer any questions you may have.
- Google Tools
- Using Hotjar on your EKM online shop
- Submitting your EKM online shop to Bing
- Submitting your EKM online shop to Google
- Instagram Shopping
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]