[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have opened a Zapier account which will help you streamline your workflow. If you’d like to be part of our Zapier beta testing group, please follow the steps below to set up your Zapier account and then submit a ticket to the Customer Support Team using the details in the footer of this Guide. [/intro]
[warning] This is not a beginner level Guide, and to use Zapier you will need to have a reasonable level of understanding to allow you to create zaps. This is an ideal Guide for shops that are already well established where you have spent a significant amount of time learning about the different ways you can link different platforms together. [/warning]
Zapier is a very useful platform which can help you by reducing your workload. You can use it to create actions which are launched from a primary trigger, called a ‘zap’. You can use zaps to complete actions such as:
- Post links to your EKM online shop Product Pages on your social media profiles;
- Automatically send emails to new customers;
- Send a text when an order status is updated;
- Send a text when a new order comes in;
- Send new orders to a number of accounting packages including Xero and Quickbooks;
- Automatically send a card to new customers thanking them for their custom;
- Add new customers to various CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems, including Salesforce & Zoho;
- And lots, lots more!o
We are currently looking for EKM customers who are willing to help us with our beta test of Zapier. You must be willing to:
- Provide feedback about the Zapier integration;
- Be understanding of any issues which may arise during this initial beta test;
- Set up several different zaps within your own account.
If you’d like to be part of our Zapier beta testing group, please follow the steps below to set up your Zapier account and then submit a ticket to the Customer Support Team using the details in the footer of this Guide.
Creating your Zapier Account
1. Click this link to begin. If you have a Google Account, click the blue button to log in with your Google account details, or alternatively, add an email address and password into the fields provided before clicking the orange Log In button:
2. You’ll then see this page. Click the Accept Invite button:
3. This will then display the Zapier dashboard:
You can now begin to create zaps.
1. Zap templates are standard zaps that have been created already that you simply need to link any existing accounts to. Click Explore Zap Templates:
2. On this next page, you can link your Zapier account with a range of apps. There are literally hundreds to choose from, so it’s a good idea before you begin to have a specific idea in mind for creating a zap:
3. When you select apps from the list, you’ll notice that the zap templates will appear below the selection box. You can then click ‘Use This Zap’ to use that particular template:
Creating your own zaps
1. As well as zap templates, you can also create your own zaps by clicking the orange button on the dashboard:
2. You can then construct the different steps within the zap in the panel on the left-hand side, using the actions which are detailed in the middle:
Now you have set up your Zapier account, please send an email to our Customer Support Team using the firstname.lastname@example.org address, and adding ‘Zapier’ as the subject line. Within the email, please detail your EKM online shop Account ID, and details of what third party platforms you have used to configure your zaps. This will be fed back to our Engineering Team who will be able to help you iron out any issues.
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]