[intro] When you have completed this Guide, you will have pointed your Google Domain at your EKM online shop.[/intro]
1. When you have logged into your Google Domains account, click the DNS icon next to the domain you want to point at your EKM online shop:
2. Now you need open a separate browser tab and log into your EKM online shop. From the Dashboard, you need to click the Settings tab:
3. On the Settings page, you need to click ‘Domain Name’ on the left-hand side:
4. On the Domain Name page, click ‘Use an Existing Domain Name’:
5. Select ‘The Domain Name is not being used’:
6. On this page, you need to add your domain - with the ‘www’ part into the field provided and copy the IP address above:
[warning] The IP address for your EKM online shop is made up of four groups of numbers and it does not require a full stop after the final set of numbers. Don't be tempted to simply copy the IP address that is shown in the image above. You need to use the IP address of your own EKM online shop as it may not reside on the same server as our test shop which we used to create this Guide. Adding the wrong IP address will result in your domain not working properly and it can take upwards of another 24 hours to rectify the issue and have your Google domain pointing correctly at your EKM online shop. [/warning]
7. Return to the browser tab displaying Google Domains. Scroll down the page until you see the ‘Custom Resource Records’ header towards the bottom of the page. You need to click the Edit button next to the first A Record in the list:
8. Replace the current IP address in the Data field with the IP address you copied from your EKM online shop, and then click the ‘Save’ button:
9. Repeat this process for the second A Record, so both the ‘@’ version and the ‘www’ version point to the IP address of your EKM online shop:
10. Return to the browser tab displaying your EKM online shop and click the green ‘Add Domain’ button:
11. This will return you to the Domain Name page on your EKM online shop. Use the slider to scroll down the list of domains pointing at your EKM online shop until you find the Google Domain that you just pointed:
12. You’ll see two different versions of your domain listed; one will be the ‘www’ version and the other will be the version without the ‘www’. These are for each of the A records you created on your Google Domain.
If the domain has been correctly pointed, you will see the word ‘Active’ beneath each version. If you cannot see this, then there may be some settings on your domain which may need amending. If your Google Domain was pointed elsewhere previously, this is often the case. Ensure that the previous settings you used have been returned to default and that you only use the ‘Custom Resource Records’ to create two A records pointed at the IP address of your EKM online shop.
If you have pointed your Google domain correctly and ‘Active’ is visible on both versions of your domain, you only need to wait for propagation which takes between 24-36 hours, although sometimes will be a lot faster.
[tips] If you’re still building your EKM online shop, it might be worth installing the Password Protect feature to hide your shop behind a password wall until you have finished populating it.[/tips]
- Adding an SSL Certificate to your EKM online shop
- Outgoing Emails
- The Orders Page
- Customising your Checkout Flow
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. [/contact]