[intro] Before you begin, please ensure that you have applied a Theme that you’re happy with. When you have completed this Guide, you will have uploaded your logo onto your EKM online shop. [/intro]
Before you upload your logo, it would be a good idea to check the quality of it. Ideally, your logo should be a .png image with a translucent background which will blend in with whatever Theme you have chosen for your shop. You also need to ensure that you have different versions of your logo available for use in different places on your shop - typically the logo on the homepage displays relatively small (around 150 pixels wide), whereas on the Checkout Flow, your logo can be 625 pixels wide.
Why is the logo on my Theme small?
The size of the logo on nearly all of our Themes is restricted in size to provide a better experience for the customers to your shop. Large logos at the top of homepage cause customers to have to scroll down to see any content and products, whereas a small logo allows customers to see the products and design images straight away, which encourages them to click further into your shop.
Ultimately, customers are there to purchase Products so it’s important that they can see these before anything else. You can still use your logo incorporated into Design Images on your homepage and throughout your shop, as this is very effective for raising an awareness of your brand.
Uploading your Logo
1. From the Dashboard, click the Shop tab:
2. On the Shop page, you need to ensure that your Edit Design button is turned on:
3. Scroll to where the existing Logo is, and click the Edit Element button for it, clicking Logo from the drop-down menu:
4. This will redirect you to the Design tab where you’ll see the Edit Logo window open. Click the Delete button:
5. A second window will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to delete the existing Logo. Click the green Confirm button:
6. You’ll now see two buttons which give you the choice of how you want to populate the logo element. You can click Create Logo to use EKM’s Logo Builder - ideal if you do not yet have a logo of your own - but for this Guide, you need to click Upload Logo:
7. This will open the File Explorer on your own computer. Find the logo image you’d like to use on your computer, click it to select it and then press the Open button:
8. You’ll then see the Logo displayed in the preview window. Click the green Save Logo button:
9. This will then add the logo to your EKM online shop. You can see it by clicking the Shop tab, and once the cache has cleared you will be able to see it on the front end of your shop too.
Other places you will need to upload your Logo
Once you’ve added your logo to your homepage, you will need to add it to some other places too. Click below for the relevant Guides:
[contact] If you need our help with your EKM online shop, contact your Account Manager or Customer Support, who will be able to point you in the right direction. We're open from 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-5.30pm on the weekends. If you'd like to suggest a feature or an upgrade on any of the EKM platforms, please let us know on the EKM Suggestions board. If you have a non-account specific question ask the EKM Team, join us in ekmCommunity. [/contact]